Future Wingers

Have you lost all faith in the system, genuine question , as I do not watch our youth teams etc.

And if so, are the club wasting time and money with the academy , and if so, what is the solution ?

No doubt if the FL would permit clubs to play junior teams in the lower leagues as Spain do, it would be better ?

I just think we mainly see it as a selling for profit tool. Given the options we have in our squad, and the money we have to spend, I just can't see a young winger breaking through any time soon. I think he'll get restless and move on.

We don't need another winger if/when we sell Sane. You cannot keep 4 top class wingers happy in a squad and we will always have 1 spitting their dummy out.

Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo is more than enough depth. We should then be bringing in someone like Braaf for cup games/in the event of an injury crisis and even then we have players capable of filling if needs must (Jesus, KDB, Cancelo).
Yeah, IF we sell Sane then the cash should be invested in defence

I just think we mainly see it as a selling for profit tool. Given the options we have in our squad, and the money we have to spend, I just can't see a young winger breaking through any time soon. I think he'll get restless and move on.

Ok thanks .

Let's be honest, he'll leave in a year or so after a solitary 8 minute carabao cup appearance. Then go on to be a star somewhere else.

if he’s good enough he’ll play for us. Who have we let go who is good enough for us? Please don’t say Sancho, because he wasn’t and isn’t good enough for our front 3 (although maybe for a few inferior teams to us, England included)

This. I think it's mainly just used for creating revenue streams.
We sell a lot of those players on and they end up generating a good amount of money.

This. I think it's mainly just used for creating revenue streams.
We sell a lot of those players on and they end up generating a good amount of money.

Perhaps we should employ the people ( loosely ) whose job it is to hype the rags juniors as the " world's best since " to run the academy and then we would be up in the mainstream of excellence that our neighbours clearly enjoy.

We would bring in billions overnight.

if he’s good enough he’ll play for us. Who have we let go who is good enough for us? Please don’t say Sancho, because he wasn’t and isn’t good enough for our front 3 (although maybe for a few inferior teams to us, England included)

No kids are ever good enough to walk into a first team immediately. Doesn't mean that they won't be world stars one day with the right nurturing/exposure to first team action.

No kids are ever good enough to walk into a first team immediately. Doesn't mean that they won't be world stars one day with the right nurturing/exposure to first team action.

“No kids”? I don’t wanna name names, but let’s be honest, there have been some over the years haven’t there, be they Argentinian, Brazilian, French even English spring to mind?

With regard to our academy in its current set up, I suppose your point is impossible to disprove, because long enough hasn’t passed, to pass your “one day” test. Nevertheless,
I’m still highly sceptical we’ve let players good enough for our first XI slip through our own fingers. They would have to be truly something else to be good enough, and statistically in such small cohort.

“No kids”? I don’t wanna name names, but let’s be honest, there have been some over the years haven’t there, be they Argentinian, Brazilian, French even English spring to mind?

With regard to our academy in its current set up, I suppose your point is impossible to disprove, because long enough hasn’t passed, to pass your “one day” test. Nevertheless,
I’m still highly sceptical we’ve let players good enough for our first XI slip through our own fingers. They would have to be truly something else to be good enough, and statistically in such small cohort.
Maffeo, angelino, frimpong, Marco's Lopez, sancho & Gunn are the only ones I could see being used in squad rotation. But others being showcased here and there would go for £20m instead of £5m. If we dont show players off we cant demand decent fees.

Maffeo, angelino, frimpong, Marco's Lopez, sancho & Gunn are the only ones I could see being used in squad rotation. But others being showcased here and there would go for £20m instead of £5m. If we dont show players off we cant demand decent fees.

I’m hoping to see ‘em all tomorrow night mate :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.