Future Wingers

Surprised that no one has mentioned David Neres from Ajax. Brazilian, 22 years old, left footed winger who can play one either flank. Main starter throughout Ajax` CL campaign last season. Pacy, direct & technically good. A bit inconsistent, but got potential and something for Pep to develop should we sign him.

Stats:
Eredivise 18/19: 8 goals, 11 assists in 29 games.
CL 18/19: 2 goals, 2 assists in 11 games.

Eredivise 19/20: 6 goals, 1 assist in 12 games.
CL 19/20: 0 goals, 1 assist in 4 games.

The dream scenario for me would be to get Sane on a new deal, then replace Mahrez next summer with one of Sancho/Neres, the latter more likely to accept a squad role. With David Silva moving on, the role of left CM + the 4th winger in the squad would be shared between Bernardo & Foden. Perfect balance imo in terms of game time for Foden & high quality squad depth.

We may well be looking for two wide players, a replacement for Sane and to me Mahrez is simply not trusted by Pep and will go if we can get a decent offer on him.

increasingly looking like we did good business there.

The shame is that it was extremely predictable. Madrid in a crisis of sorts flirting with Hazard and having spent around 100m on two Brazilian wonder kids should have been enough for him to realise that he should have gone to another team (or stayed). He needs a loan now and I doubt he is happy with his 18 minutes of football this season.

Surprised that no one has mentioned David Neres from Ajax. Brazilian, 22 years old, left footed winger who can play one either flank. Main starter throughout Ajax` CL campaign last season. Pacy, direct & technically good. A bit inconsistent, but got potential and something for Pep to develop should we sign him.

Stats:
Eredivise 18/19: 8 goals, 11 assists in 29 games.
CL 18/19: 2 goals, 2 assists in 11 games.

Eredivise 19/20: 6 goals, 1 assist in 12 games.
CL 19/20: 0 goals, 1 assist in 4 games.

The dream scenario for me would be to get Sane on a new deal, then replace Mahrez next summer with one of Sancho/Neres, the latter more likely to accept a squad role. With David Silva moving on, the role of left CM + the 4th winger in the squad would be shared between Bernardo & Foden. Perfect balance imo in terms of game time for Foden & high quality squad depth.
As an Ajax fan who watches every game, I assure you he's not at City level. On the other hand, Ziyech is a world-class player, can be a bargain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.