Futures of players out on loan

Watched Girona v Real Mallorca the other evening, it was on in a bar. Pablo Moreno, on loan from City, scored what looked like a very smart, improvised backheel finish but it was ruled out by VAR for a push in the build up. Otherwise he looked useful but very small and lightweight.
You can see the incident here
Pablo Moreno came on as sub for Girona at the weekend and scored their second in a 2-0 win at Albacete
Muric and Couto on the bench

Pablo Moreno came on as sub for Girona at the weekend and scored their second in a 2-0 win at Albacete
Muric and Couto on the bench

The question that needs answering is would Muric have been better off just staying at City being on the bench and getting league cup games and being regarded as a decent prospect, training under Pep and the first team or moving on loan to Nottm Forest and then Girona and becoming the forgotten man.

It looks like two awful loans now and I am not sure any loan to Girona has been worth it for any of our players tbh.

The question that needs answering is would Muric have been better off just staying at City being on the bench and getting league cup games and being regarded as a decent prospect, training under Pep and the first team or moving on loan to Nottm Forest and then Girona and becoming the forgotten man.

It looks like two awful loans now and I am not sure any loan to Girona has been worth it for any of our players tbh.
Yep the Girona link up has been pretty disastrous for City. Pointless us sending lads there, it’s pretty much always a waste of a season
Contrast it to say RB Salzburg and Leipzig where there is a clear pathway

Yep the Girona link up has been pretty disastrous for City. Pointless us sending lads there, it’s pretty much always a waste of a season
Contrast it to say RB Salzburg and Leipzig where there is a clear pathway
I fully agree and yet the Spanish link was meant to be the best, the Dutch ones have also been useful in a fashion, at least the lads played there.

I think the problem with Muric, is that Steffen is now number 2, so he is the one on the bench, and playing the cup games.

I think the problem with Muric, is that Steffen is now number 2, so he is the one on the bench, and playing the cup games.
Kind of the point really, Muric went on loan 2 seasons on the trot, 3 seasons ago he was playing well in the league cup due to Bravo's injury, now he is further down the list and we have two or three younger keepers probably about to pass him by as well.

Kind of the point really, Muric went on loan 2 seasons on the trot, 3 seasons ago he was playing well in the league cup due to Bravo's injury, now he is further down the list and we have two or three younger keepers probably about to pass him by as well.

But the poster was suggesting he would be playing if he was here even if it was only cups truth is he would not

Also I suspect even if he had had some good loans we would still have bought Stefan Stefan would be number two playing in cups

But the poster was suggesting he would be playing if he was here even if it was only cups truth is he would not

Also I suspect even if he had had some good loans we would still have bought Stefan Stefan would be number two playing in cups
?

Either I am reading you wrong and I am confused by your post tbh?

I will try so forgive me if I haven't picked you up right.

I was the poster who mentioned Muric first, Colesy then said Steffan is now the number 2.

Now my original point was if Muric had stayed as the man in possession of the number 2 gloves as Bravo had or was about to leave would he have been better off than he is now.

His two loan spells have been a disaster and he has looked nothing like the keeper that played in our first team 3 seasons back.

If he had stayed and played like he did in the league cup then would we have needed to buy Steffan, nobody can say yes or no really tbh but what we can say is going out on loan has fucked Muric right over that is 100% fact.

He played at Forest and seemed to be doing okay but then made an error and then another they dropped him and that was pretty much it, 4 games in total.

He has played 2 for Girona and the older keeper has played 4.

I am not saying he is a star keeper and should be playing etc was just really saying our loan moves for some of these boys are fucking awful.

Other clubs send them out and they seem to get played all the time, you have to wonder if this is a stipulated condition of the loan?

As for Muric the kid has more Int caps than 1st class games but he is already more than likely done here.

Eddie
Steffan
Carson
Trafford
Bazuna, meant to be the next best thing is on loan at Rochdale but is playing
Slicker
Moulden
Mcnamara
Van Sas

These are vying for 3 places 1st team, EDS and Academy, mental really 10 keepers.

There might be more, I thought there was another on loan somewhere as well but the name has left the brain lol

Rightly, or wrongly (probably wrongly - I am rarely right about football matters), any player we sign who goes on loan isn't good enough. They are the football stiffs we sign who spend 2/3 years in low quality teams before we sell them on for a profit.

I've honestly lose all interest in any player who goes to Girona as that's the biggest stiff pit going. I'm sure a few players have come back better, but you've as much chance as winning the lottery as coming back from Girona and slipping into our first XI.

I totally understand why we do it - buy cheap and sell for a profit - but I do feel sorry for these young lads who get sent around Europe to sub-standard teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.