Gabby Petito

Missing the point?

Remind me of the last time a missing Black female made headline news US or UK...?

This got pretty prominent coverage the other week.

Did you think he was posting it and responding positively or negatively to it?

I thought he was just reacting to it as if she was race baiting.

I don't actually view it as just a race thing. Maybe it is in the USA, but we have the same thing over here with lower working class/underclass white girls and European immigrants who are all white.

This got pretty prominent coverage the other week.

Did you think he was posting it and responding positively or negatively to it?

I thought he was just reacting to it as if she was race baiting.

I don't actually view it as just a race thing. Maybe it is in the USA, but we have the same thing over here with lower working class/underclass white girls and European immigrants who are all white.

Who you posted about was a fairly prominent actress. You cannot equate the unfortunate Petito to the same level. Try again with a similar type girl of different skin/ culture.

As for the original poster I quoted, I was underlining the Joy Reid statement (much as I dislike the fucker) to be the truth. I didn't want to repeat the same clip despite the light it was shown in.

Foetus, obviously, disagrees with Reid when she speaks an objective truth.

Who you posted about was a fairly prominent actress. You cannot equate the unfortunate Petito to the same level. Try again with a similar type girl of different skin/ culture.

As for the original poster I quoted, I was underlining the Joy Reid statement (much as I dislike the fucker) to be the truth. I didn't want to repeat the same clip despite the light it was shown in.

Foetus, obviously, disagrees with Reid when she speaks an objective truth.

Not well known though is she?

10k followers on insta, mostly small bit part roles.

Not well known though is she?

10k followers on insta, mostly small bit part roles.

I, literally, don't get the argument.

She would have had agents, managers and studios to highlight her missing and you're going on about 10k Insta followers?

Does that not, in itself, give her more of an attention?

Is what Reid said not the objective truth?

Is this not the point...?

I, literally, don't get the argument.

She would have had agents, managers and studios to highlight her missing and you're going on about 10k Insta followers?

Does that not, in itself, give her more of an attention?

Is what Reid said not the objective truth?

Is this not the point...?

Possibly. Not all. There are plenty of actors between jobs in California and not on the studios radar.

So social status and contact networks are more important than race?

Yeah that's my point. The Wikipedia article on missing white woman syndrome specifically refers to middle class women as well.

Reid has a point but is this case a straight forward missing persons case?

I would say, no.

I'd argue that the circumstances and behaviour of the boyfriend piqued the True Crime obsessed in the USA.

I only mentioned this case because it came to mind it when you asked.

As I said the same lack of attention is paid to white working class girls and European immigrants in the UK.

Does race play a part in the USA? Possibly, probably.

But I don't think using a term like white missing woman syndrome is a helpful way of addressing the imbalanced attention and solving the problem.

Missing the point?

Remind me of the last time a missing Black female made headline news US or UK...?
American Indian but I know you wouldn't want to be a racist and only care about black people

lhttps://abc13.com/shawtyeria-waites-shawteria-waits-missing-woman-houston/10938619/

American Indian but I know you wouldn't want to be a racist and only care about black people

lhttps://abc13.com/shawtyeria-waites-shawteria-waits-missing-woman-houston/10938619/

Check what I said, dummy.

I wish you clowns would READ!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.