Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is, how or where are we going to fit him in when we've got Kun, Iheanacho, Nolito, Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne (throw in Navas as well if you want).

Will he go out on to to La Liga maybe? EDS would be a big step down for him and I'd hate to see him as a mostly bench warmer.

He's got a load of talent but he looks like he still needs a bit of polish. Best he plays regularly for his development.
He's too good to send out on loan. I like the look of Nacho and he's got a big future with us but this boy looks even better. Nolito, Sterling and Sane are all wide players which although Jesus can play, it's not his best position for me.
I think he's going to be the after Xmas boost we need to push on and win the league. He looks special.

Question is, how or where are we going to fit him in when we've got Kun, Iheanacho, Nolito, Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne (throw in Navas as well if you want).

Will he go out on to to La Liga maybe? EDS would be a big step down for him and I'd hate to see him as a mostly bench warmer.

He's got a load of talent but he looks like he still needs a bit of polish. Best he plays regularly for his development.
This post makes me laugh when half the forum are complaint about only having two strikers and were wanting to buy another to have cover.

Seems that Txiki wasn't gonna be able to win either way.

This guy was sought by all the top clubs in Europe and we managed to get him to sign for us because of our current manager. No way would be come here to play for the EDS or keep the bench warm. He has such ability he can play anywhere up front , and so fitting him into the team is not any problem at all. He is already one of the best in the world and he is ours.

I watched the full game and Brazil were pretty poor first half, with the only bright moment being Gabriel's turn and long range effort. I have absolutely no idea how Casemiro, Paulinho or Renato Augusto play ahead of Fernandinho, it's truly baffling. Paulinho had a very poor game imo - but then that's no surprise. Willian was also shite and probably the worst I've ever seen him play.

The game was pretty tight again in the second, although Jesus and Augusto both missed decent chances to take the lead. Then, out of nowhere it was Jesus who was exceptional in winning the penalty. His turn of pace is going to be a massive plus for us along with his work rate - it's easy to see why Guardiola sees him as the long-term solution to leading the line.

After that the game totally opened up and Ecuador went down to ten men. Beautiful finish for the third.

It's exciting as the attributes people always talk about when a young foreign player is coming to England are; bravery, toughness, strength, work-rate, etc, and Gabriel Jesus has these in abundance, as well as being technically brilliant and lightning quick. His timing of the run needs a bit of work along with a few other things, but he looks like he'll be ready to come and make an immediate impact.

Hah Paulino. He's surely better than Fernandinho. Thats why he was picked right? Haha im kidding, actually glad Fern didn't get picked.

I don't understand how players like Paulinho and Renato Augusto have a starting spot in the team.

Paulinho and Renato Augusto are the manager Tite's guys from Corinthians. Guys who know his game, look at it like Pep bringing Nolito and keeping Yaya around and not a knock on Fernandinho

Marlos moreno to play for columbia?

I doubt it, didn't get any minutes today and isn't really match fit as he should finally start playing for Deportivo after the break.(Holidays & manager sitting him out first 2 games to get used to the club)

On to GJ, what a game he had huh? I said on Twitter that if he put up a top level performance in Quito.. under those conditions he could certainly handle your Stoke's or any tough PL away game. Huge pressure to get that particular win in a place they had never won in a WCQ. Also they never scored more than 1 goal in a game there.

For those wondering where we might see him play, this was a perfect game to display it. With the possibility of Serg being banned for the derby, Pep could go with Kelechi or Nolito as a free/false 9 a role GJ excel's at. Pep is all about suring up the defense work and getting the ball to the creative players. From there the attacking players have all the freedom in the world to score. Just imagine that sort of football with GJ Raheem and Sané to give Serg rest to extend his season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.