Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebration for his second is the same as Aguero?

What a talent we have on our hands

His diving is atrocious though, needs to cut that out but then don't think there is a player in the Brazilian league that doesn't throw himself to the ground at every opportunity.

I was thinking it would be better off keeping quiet about the kid, but then he's a Brazilian No. 9 scoring 2 goals on his debut. They will be going crazy over there.

Fuckin ell I am so excited. Another superb signing....
12 hours later precisely zero media coverage. Not a mention on BBC Football, Guardian Football, or the Manchester Evening News.

The age of the Internet! Hmm. Doesn't matter. This guy is going to be huge. I watched the Olympic Football and was semi-impressed, I could see he had something, but I don't think I have ever seen a senior debut like that. It is sensational. Can not wait to see him make his debut for City.

What is so impressive is that he's so young, and still small yet he plays in the most difficult position on the pitch centre-forward where you get a physical battering and no space at all. I like Sterling. He makes him look slow. Eats up the ground.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but when exactly is he coming to Manchester? 1st of January or later in the month?

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but when exactly is he coming to Manchester? 1st of January or later in the month?
End of Brazilian domestic football season. I think in practise that means he will be able to play for City from January. Their fixtures run until December. I don't know if that is the end of their season. It looks like it is. Someone more knowledgeable might confirm?

Wiki says "The national pyramid competitions start in May and end in December. The state pyramid has different durations and schedules in each state, but in states with clubs competing in the national first and second divisions, the main state championships run from January/February to April/May."

So looks like he might arrive in December.

Last edited:
the FA have given him violent conduct charge for diving and hitting neymar in the roll over he will miss the manchester derby on the Sat, 25 Feb 2017 Manchester City are contesting it but SKYSPORT AND THE BBC are sending over the video to the FA and the panel of 3 members of the white knight's will give a fair hearing

He's too young to play 1,5 seasons + Olympics without any break. IMO, he'll be granted a rest till feb.

He's too young to play 1,5 seasons + Olympics without any break. IMO, he'll be granted a rest till feb.

The Brazilian season ends in December 4. He'll be granted a few weeks rest. And probably starts training late December/early Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.