Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus hasn't got that natural killer instinct like Kun has but it doesn't make him a worse player. It's all about whether you suit team's style of play. Jesus is a lot more than just a goal scorer. I think he will never be a striker who scores 35-40 goals per season like Kun, Kane, Ronaldo etc. because he can offer so much more in a build-up play than just staying in the opposition's box waiting for the ball to drop at his feet.

That's why Pep would never buy a striker like Kane because he offers little to nothing in a build-up. Aguero has got the technical ability, therefore, Pep was able to some extent change the way Kun plays (be more involved in build up, link up with others). Kane hasn't got that. This was a bit off topic.

All in all, Jesus is a perfect team striker.

Aguero has never scored 35-40 goals in a season.

Jesus is absolutely capable of scoring that many goals. He's still scoring despite being off the boil. He's still learning this role of striker in our team. Probably the hardest to play due to us pinning 10 men behind the ball thus he gets near zero space to play in, certainly cant express himself like he could if he was on a wing. People been complaining about his first touch play when what is he supposed to do instead? He's 5'9, slight and surrounded by about 4 opposition players, his best option is to lay it off. If he tries to hold it up he's going to lose it more often than not, he's not blessed with tree trunk legs like Serge.

He's coming along nicely and like you say on top of that he's the perfect team player.

Last edited:
For me he is a great player. I think the injury he just recovered from could have been potentially worse and could have resulted in him missing the World Cup. I think that really shit him up, and for the past few games he has been playing within himself for fear of further injury before the World Cup. Think we will see him back to his best.

He looks like a guy not wanting to risk his World Cup at the moment. I can understand that given his injuries as well as its obvious importance to him but I feel like it's been hindering him these last few weeks, he's just missing that extra little bit. It's easy to forget how young his is, and I'm not concerned, but he needs to improve next year.

16 goals and 5 assists in all comps this season while a decent amount of his 41 appearances have come as a sub. The lad only just turned 21 as well.

Absolutely brilliant finish. Wonderful assist from Kev but the control to take the ball down and then lob the keeper was sublime.

I don't think he'd really had a big moment for himself this season until today, had he?

KDB has the Chelsea away goal, Sterling the late winners, Aguero had his record breaking goal, Sané has winning the YPOTY trophy, it was time for Jesus to get his little golden moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.