Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your supposed playmakers decide to be one-manning twats when a WC comes around it doesn't matter who you have upfront.

There's a few ways I see this planning out next season for Jesus.

1) He stays around that 7/10 level...he doesn't the things hes great at...defensive work, running, getting into the channels, quick linkup play, scoring his patented tapins with a small jump in total improvement.

2) The 'poor performance' from himself and from Brazil has him shook and he regresses to more of a backup player and doesn't look like our future phenom striker.

3) Pep lights a fire in him and he's more focused and motivated than ever and he makes a serious jump up in his third season in the prem.

Personally, I'd say what happened for Gabby was very good for the club. He'll be looking for a new contract and that could have gotten expensive had he shined. Now, we'll have him in here hopefully humbled and focused.

1) 30%
2) 15%
3) 55%

Something like that is how I'd place it. I'm confident that he's going to have a monster year for us.

Personally, I'd say what happened for Gabby was very good for the club. He'll be looking for a new contract and that could have gotten expensive had he shined. Now, we'll have him in here hopefully humbled and focused..

Bloody good point. I'd forgotten about the contract situation. He could have come back a billy big bollocks asking for £200k a week, but yes, hopefully his non-scoring WC has hopefully served to make him simply want to prove just how good he is next season

I was really disappointed with him in the WC even with his ridiculous teammates Coutinho and Neymar never passing and, especially Coutinho, just going for glory shots from outside the box. But even so, he didn’t look himself at all but then didn’t really go hunting for it neither. He seemed to go into his shell as each game progressed.

Needs a good pre-season to refocus and needs to concentrate this year on improving every aspect of his game.

I’m still not sure what to make of him. I honestly don’t know if this lad is going to be elite or just a decent enough player. The whole world of footy very much overrates exciting youngsters, the reality for 75% of them is nothing like the initial hype.

I find myself turning all Roy Keane over Jesus.
Not for me.

I find myself thinking what a strange thing for a city fan to say, on the Jesus front though I hope he turns back into the player that played the firsdt ten games or so of his time with us, he looked lively and an attacking threat every time he received the ball, something that has seemingly gone missing in his game atm, I am talking about our games and not Brazil.

Big season for him. Does he step up and look like he can fill/replace Aguero’s boots, or does he continue to do ok with the ‘he’s only young’ tag echoing around him.

Love the lad, but time to step up a level or 3

Big season for him. Does he step up and look like he can fill/replace Aguero’s boots, or does he continue to do ok with the ‘he’s only young’ tag echoing around him.

Love the lad, but time to step up a level or 3
Just going to post much the same thing. Not been hugely impressed with him since his comeback from injury. Let’s hope he shines next season.

A rest and some love from pep will have gabby back in form! Some extremely impatient and forgetful blues at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.