Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

Jesus has the 2nd highest number of offside in the premier league this season.

Vardy is 5th.

Vardy has played more games and more full games in that period. More opportunity to be offside.

He clearly isn't offside twice as much.

He's also scored more goals.

Over to you son.

karen7 likes this.
  2. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    [​IMG]

Bluemoon? Logical?

3. karen7

karen7

Popcorn time

4. Blue Bogey

Blue Bogey

Jesus needs to bend his runs, that is what Vardy is good at, but Leicester in their Premier winning campaign had a style which allowed Vardy to have a lot of space to run into to do this. Unfortunately for us the opposition half is usually cramped with so many players, chances are if he tried bending his run too deep in the opposition half he will run into one of our own. For our style it only works if we launch an attack from deep.

5. mccity

mccity

Look, you keep misunderstanding everything I post. Everything. You draw imaginary conclusions from points I'm not making and throw them back at me in straw bundles.

However I don't for one second think you're doing it maliciously; you are a very good poster only trying to make an honest point; I think it's best we agree to disagree.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2019
    karen7 likes this.
  6. BlueTG

BlueTG

Thank fuck you’ve vindicated me. I’ve been saying for 10 year or so that Danny Mills was world class.

What awful logic.

Jesus is far from world class. He’s not even our number one striker. He needs to do what he did in the first half last night, over a number of years.

7. Withnail

Withnail

Yeah Jesus is so shit he plays for........ Brazil

Mcfchamps likes this.
  8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

My logic? You said he would never be world class.

He is not yet our number one striker because we happen to have another world class striker in front of him. Whats your logic? He is a 22 year old forward with stats of 80 goals from 200 matches over 5 years since he was 17 (yes 17). Playing for the best team in the world and Brazil makes me think he certainly has the potential to be world class. His finishing last night indicates that he has the talent to be world class. His work rate and defending from the front are world class right now. His movement up front is exceptional. Yes he needs to improve. He says that every interview. Won a Brazilian League and cup with Palmeiras, a Copa America and Olympic gold medal with Brazil, two PL titles, two EFL cups, one FA cups, two Charity Shields. He has enormous potential to be one of the very best forwards in the world.

9. domalino

domalino

First things first. "Jesus has the 2nd highest number of offsides in the premier league this season" is simply a flat out lie.
    Chris Wood - 20
    Raul Jimenez - 14
    Jamie Vardy - 14
    Almiron - 13
    Jesus - 13

Jamie Vardy. Games 191. Offsides 178. Offsides per game 0.93

Gabriel Jesus. Games 80. Offsides 50. Offsides per game 0.625

10. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

At the time of posting, my statistics were accurate (before Leicester played last night). Vardy and Jiminez must've had a couple of offsides last night. This is probably why you waited until today to respond.

Your own statistics clearly show Vardy isn't offside 'twice as much' as Jesus.

You were wrong mate, come on admit it.