#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing we signed Jesus for 28 m. In the current market he would cost 100 m. If he were playing for Inter or Dortmund people would rate him much higher and would cream themselves about the prospect of signing him, for he would be scoring more goals and be more confident.

His goal involvements are pretty good, given that he isn't 1st choice and that the goals at City are much more evenly spread out than at clubs like Spurs or Dortmund. It's a strength of our team that we don't depend so much on a great goalscorer. When we won the domestic treble we scored 169 goals with Sergio getting "only" 32 goals. When Messi scored 73 goals, Barca won nothing big.

Last edited:
Even his detractors must have been impressed by his contribution yesterday.

He was a constant menace,he led the press,and he ensured the 3 points.

Great performance.
Jesus is the established centre forward for Brazil (41 caps so far) and nowhere near his peak yet. He will only get better and better. I hope we can see the same sort of progress with Ferran Torres. With Jesus, Foden, and Torres up front, City's future as a trophy-winning club is secure. I thought Jesus was magnificent yesterday. What a great time to be a City fan.

IF we were to sign Haaland do people think a partnership with Jesus would work? Jesus is very very adaptable so I'd be inclined to think it would but I haven't seen enough of haaland in full games to know
Thoughts?

IF we were to sign Haaland do people think a partnership with Jesus would work? Jesus is very very adaptable so I'd be inclined to think it would but I haven't seen enough of haaland in full games to know
Thoughts?

I think Jesus has proved he can play with anyone and adapt his game to suit the managers tactics. He’s a managers dream.

Thought he lifted the game when he came on - early sub for Pep.
Was reading in another of the threads of the chances we had that could have resulted in goals and if I remember 4/5 were after he came on.
He is a handful and no surprise Pep turned to him to bring the energy.

I thought he did well when he came on but, like quite a few others, also misplaced some passes and miscontrolled in promising situations. His presence did move our game up a notch and I think in retrospect he probably should have started the game.

Think he deserves credit for last night. Put himself about and gave us a bit of zip and the usual flashes of skill.

Didn't look fazed at all, which is more than can be said of a few others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.