Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this is a transfer forum to discuss but why some keep posting links to known bullshitters is surely a waste of everyone’s time. Saw someone earlier posting tweets from that numpty Grimes person still.

I get this is a transfer forum to discuss but why some keep posting links to known bullshitters is surely a waste of everyone’s time. Saw someone earlier posting tweets from that numpty Grimes person still.
One person‘s bullshitter is another person‘s tier 1 source.

Who judges the people judging what tier these people go in?

I think Grimes is a tier 3 source, but I’m tier 12 for knowing which tier to put random twitter accounts in.

Take my word for it?..well yeah you will because its a fact.
So says you... Ok, why not just answer this directly: Do you honestly think £30m is a fair price, 12months left or not?
We can do worse actually, Arsenal can move on and sign someone else.
I've already pre-empted that. £30m(and his wages most likely) in this market could be matched by multiple clubs elsewhere in my view. Again, there is plenty of time left in this transfer window, not all clubs do their business early. The bigger hurdle could be how Jesus views the other moves in my view but I doubt Arsenal are the only suitable club. I don't see why you're insisting it's Arsenal or bust.
I am not interested when or if we sell him,
See you say that but...
If that happens we are left with a pissed off player on our books for 12mths who then goes for nothing. Its all well and good thinking Arsenal will crack, its all a game of poker.
You certainly seem concerned that we'll end up stuck with him if Arsenal don't get him for £30m. I'd also say, everything I've seen from Jesus, tells me even if that did happen, he wouldn't kick up any fuss. I don't see why you're insisting he would. He's got a better chance of making the WC squad but there's no saying he couldn't make it if he stays at City and performs well when he is called upon.
City rarely play hard ball on outgoing transfers and its preferrable to get a deal done and dusted nice and early and not be pissing about all summer.
"Pissing about all summer" is your own take on it(it's a normal part of transfer business) and weirdly emotive for someone who's not interested if or when we sell him.

Where are you getting this idea we do all our outgoing deals "nice and early" from anyway? I'm sure we'd like to but that's not what we usually end up doing in my opinion.

Incoming deals I'd agree with but to my mind, we struggle with outgoing players because buying clubs tend to take the piss and sometimes the player wants higher wages than they are willing to pay plays a part too.

We don't sell many high profile players like Jesus either. Not players that we would be happy to keep(we would IMO) but have asked to leave. For example: Just last summer Bernardo asked to leave, the club said fine as long as the right offer comes in. What happened? City didn't accept any joke offers, the player stayed and got on with it and had a great start to the season if anything. City at least try and avoid players with the wrong mentality for situations like this.

The last one I can think of that actually went through is Sané. Unless you count Torres but as I remember it, the initial fee was the one we accepted. Either way everyone seemed happy with that bit of business on City's side. With Sané, we actually did play hard ball, trying to get Bayern to offer us what we wanted and even played him in a game(community shield) that we probably shouldn't have, where he got injured as a result. So we had to keep him for another season.

Last edited:
You are insuating this nonsense about the "hateful 8", like it means anything. Not really sure why you even bothered mentioning it tbh. Completely irrelevant.
I'm not sure you know what insinuating means. I was quite clear why I referenced that, that's why it was your strawman argument and what followed that was irrelevant because it wasn't the point I was making. We will obviously still do business with them(never said otherwise) but we should do them no favours. Do it on our terms, that is the point. If they go elsewhere, so be it, nobody should be flapping about that. We can try our luck elsewhere for a better fee. If we can't find better, I say we have a very good chance of atleast getting £30m for him elsewhere. We have near on a full transfer window to at least match that(we waste a bit of time... but it's kind of their jobs, we don't have to lift a finger). Accepting £30m now only suits Arsenal between the two clubs because it's a shite deal. You might not agree, that despite being willing to do business with them, we really don't want to do them any favours here by pulling the trigger early on a shite deal. That doesn't however make it an irrelevant argument because you could be wrong(and I think you are).

You also don't speak for 99% of City fans or City as a club either despite your attempts to do so. This thread alone suggests otherwise on the fanbase opinions, twitter is leaning even more towards telling Arsenal to "fuck off". Also, if City "don't piss about" why did they publicly release their valuation on the player? They didn't just do that for the sake of it or to haggle in my view, that's exactly what the club have valued him at, in the present moment. Why didn't City let Bernardo go for a joke fee last summer when Grealish came in and he wanted to leave?

Look, I see your viewpoint but I disagree and we are repeating ourselves here. If you continue to tell me I'm talking nonsense and trying to have the final say on things you know I disagree with you on. Then I will continue to respond to you in kind, as is my right. Although, I have said we should agree to disagree more than once here, I'm sure. So perhaps take the hint, you can keep your opinion. I agree with some of what you said but disagree with a lot of it. I suggest we leave it there.

Last edited:
Seen some reports of 30mill lets hope thats not the case.
We were never going to get much more than that, a player bought for a low fee, not a top wage earner and going into his last year, added to that it seems that both player and club are happy to say adios.

I trust our club to do the best for all concerned,and Gabby will leave on the best of terms and with my gratitude for never giving less than his very best.

The price will be fair.....these aggravating twitter fuckers that have their shite regurgitated on here by other numpties,haven't got a fucking clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.