Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal bought some Portuguese midfielder for 40m Euros - was out nowhere apparently .RC activated

So they have the money for sure - maybe some movement on this soon for Gabby.

Ok if you are broadening the terms of reference. But Haaland is the closest like for like replacement for Sergio and Alvarez the nearest striking replacement for Torres, Phil & Grealish imo will play mostly as Am's and Palmer may fill the space left by possible leavers, Jesus, Raheem or Riyadh this season or next.
I know what you mean about Haaland being closest to Sergio.

The discussion about numbers was essentially why we probably need one of Sterling/Jesus to go - whatever you call players, AM, F, LW, RW we have two more competing for the same minutes.

Sterling and Jesus are both considering leaving because of a lack of minutes already. With two more forward players we're overstocked and that's a recipe for discontent.

We just signed two forwards. Not prem proven of course but that's how we will be looking at it.

And Jesus can play anywhere along the front 3. Arsenal can't afford to let Jesus run down his deal because Jesus on a free picks whatever club in Europe he wants.

However you want to say it, if we end up getting 30/40/50m for Jesus, it is definitely not giving anyone favors, don't understand where this comes from. It will be one of the most expensive transfers (for a player with less than 12mths) ever.
They sold Van Persie who was also about 30, for £24M. In 2012!

£30M in 2022 for a 25 year old Brazilian international is a piss take.

I’d try to offer him a 5 year contract and loan him out for £15m a year.

I'll take your word on that even though it seems you've changed your tune a little with regards to letting it go to the last day. Maybe I'm putting words in your mouth though(which you're doing to me I've noticed) because I've seen so many people(twitter, youtube etc) that are weirdly desperate for City to just accept it "because that's what we'll end up doing anyway". My point is, we can't do much worse, so lets wait and see how things pan out, there's plenty of time left. I accept we might end up swallowing it in the end but we shouldn't be in a rush to. I also said we'd be absolutely fine as a club if we didn't manage to sell him, if anyone was worried about that.

Where did I say any of that? I literally said that they obviously do care if you've listened but it's not about not doing business with them. It just has to make sense to us as a club if we do. So that renders most of what you said there irrelevant to the point I was making.

£30m is only 60% of what City have asked for. £40m would be 80% of what they asked for. £45m would be 90% of what they asked for. £30m is not a great offer for a player of Jesus quality and age, even with 12months left on his contract. I trust City's valuation over yours.
Take my word for it?..well yeah you will because its a fact.
I haven't changed any tune at all. Not sure how you are reading my posts how you are.

We can do worse actually, Arsenal can move on and sign someone else.
If that happens we are left with a pissed off player on our books for 12mths who then goes for nothing. Its all well and good thinking Arsenal will crack, its all a game of poker.

I am not interested when or if we sell him, just giving my opinion that this past decade has shown that City rarely play hard ball on outgoing transfers and its preferrable to get a deal done and dusted nice and early and not be pissing about all summer.
This exact attitude has contributed thousands of posts on this very forum and formed an opinion that City are bad at selling and we rarely get proper value for our sales however...

99% of city fans couldn't give a shit what he goes for, we all trust the club know what they are doing. If the club have accepted the deal then that means they are happy and that should be enough for anyone.

You are insuating this nonsense about the "hateful 8", like it means anything. Not really sure why you even bothered mentioning it tbh. Completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.