Gabriel Jesus joins Arsenal

People get on sterlings back but he hasnt come out with this type of bollocks a year on , he always called his mum for support from the day he arrived to when he left , never grew a pair . Made me laugh when people gave me grief and said he would be better than sergio and break his scoring records

A friend pointed me towards the Arsenal reddit with all the highlights, including a mention of his return to the Etihad:

---------------------------------------
  • The reason why Jesus was unhappy at City was because of Guardiola. He did not like many of his decisions. Jesus mentions a couple of games, but he was especially pissed off about the PSG game (November 2021). Jesus said he felt he was playing really well and receiving great feedback from Guardiola and everyone else in the coaching staff. The team trained the entire week with him playing ST, and then 2 hours before the game Guardiola put in Zinchenko as False 9. Jesus was fuming and called his mom saying he wanted to leave. He didn’t even warm up before the game. Then at around half time, Zinchenko was subbed off, Jesus came in and scored to win the game. He said he felt bad and wouldn’t do what he did in other circumstances but it is what it is.
  • Said he was unhappy with the lack of communication with Guardiola. And despite City wanting him there, he knew if he stayed he would have been playing as a winger with Haaland coming, which he did not want to do. Guardiola was the one that told him that Arteta wanted to talk.
  • Edu started his first conversation with Jesus by saying he wanted the old Gabriel back, happy and carefree. Jesus said it surprised him how personal Edu was in the interview, and how he only presented the project later with Mikel. (Jesus said he likes Edu a lot, and that Edu is a really nice guy, Denilson, one of the the hosts of the podcast and an ex player, agreed saying Edu is really nice.)
  • Jesus mentioned he does not care about money or where he plays, the most important thing is the project. And mentioned how Edu and Mikel were pivotal in his decision to move to Arsenal. They made a great pitch and made him feel at ease with playing time and position. Jesus said one of his main prerequisites was to come in and play as a number 9.
  • Mentioned how Guardiola and Arteta's playstyles are similar but Arteta wants more intensity and more directness. Said he felt it suited a younger team like Arsenal.
  • David Silva was the best player he played with at City, alongside Bernardo Silva.
  • Said at City everything had to be communicated to the coaching staff. He could never do extra training without communicating to the staff because the standard proccedure was for players to rest. Said his closeness with Arteta began with all the extra work they did together, Jesus said he learned a lot with Arteta. When Arteta left, he didn't do as much extra work.
  • At Arsenal, it is different. The training and gym work are more intense, said his body is at a better level now. At City he arrived for training at 9:30h left at 12h. With Arsenal, he starts at 9:30h and leaves at 15h/16h. So with City he felt he had to do some more extra work because he wasn't a starter and the training wasn't as intense. With Arsenal he feels he does not need the extra work, so instead he started to focus more on rest. He learned to sleep better, and eat better.
  • Said Arteta does not physically train as much with the team like he did at City. At City he trained more and Fernandinho, specifically, always fouled Arteta because of his speed with the ball. Denilson, one of the hosts, said he played with Arteta and mentioned how good he was on midfield, said his first touch was great and he saw a potential coach in him.
  • Said he was happy City fans did not boo him when he played at the Etihad this year. He did not know what to expect and was happily surprised.
Some random stuff Jesus also said:

• Aguero and Guardiola had quite a few fights, as Aguero did not train as hard, and had trouble with his diet.
  • Said Martinelli, Saka and Odegaard are some of the best young players in the world now. Also mentioned Foden, Bellingham and Julian Alvarez. Said Foden can hit the ball from any angle, falling down, rabona, the ball always goes in smoothly.
  • Jesus also talked about how he thinks Foden might, eventually, butt heads with Guardiola over playing time.
  • He does not care about social media as much as he did in the past. Now he is married, settled down and prefers staying home with his wife and young daughter.
He talked about other things but it was mostly his Palmeiras days and Brazil NT, I don't know if Arsenal fans want to hear about these other topics. If you guys do, I could edit the post later with some more information.

-------------------
This is interesting but tells you all you need to know. Glad we parted ways it was best for everyone.

He only sees the world from his lenses that Foden will but heads with Pep. It’s definitely mentality thing. Not everyone can make it here. Pep has high standards and to be serial winners there is no room for this ego massaging business. No one is bigger than the club and the mantra is all about the collective not the individual.

The amount of games we played where I struggle to pick MOTM is countless. Everyone turns up to be part of the team and we don’t depend on individual brilliance.

It’s more challenging and testaments to Stones not leaving for example and pushing through. I know he had problems off field but professionally he has come a long way.

It’s one of reason we won the treble.

This is interesting but tells you all you need to know. Glad we parted ways it was best for everyone.

He only sees the world from his lenses that Foden will but heads with Pep. It’s definitely mentality thing. Not everyone can make it here. Pep has high standards and to be serial winners there is no room for this ego massaging business. No one is bigger than the club and the mantra is all about the collective not the individual.

The amount of games we played where I struggle to pick MOTM is countless. Everyone turns up to be part of the team and we don’t depend on individual brilliance.

It’s more challenging and testaments to Stones not leaving for example and pushing through. I know he had problems off field but professionally he has come a long way.

It’s one of reason we won the treble.

If I was an Arsenal fan reading that I would be worried.

Pep is the master of doing something out of the blue. If you don't embrace it you end up sounding like a fanny.
Exhibit A up above.

Gabby was great for us but he could never get to the levels what pep wanted.

I don't want to badmouth him as he gave his all for us and he's entitled to feel hurt if he doesn't play. Every time I hear his name I just see this in my head..

View attachment 85589
Is that not just him straying offside?

Haha. Said it all along last season, Arsenal managed to pick the two players from our squad with the weakest mentality.
Think that’s quite unfair to Zinny tbh. I felt like he ability-wise he wasn’t quite good enough for us but not sure you could question his mentality barring a handful of of performances when his home country was being invaded… I don’t know, I loved the guy when he played for us so maybe I’m biased.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.