Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im certainly not being disrespectful, I'd bite your hands of for Jesus.
However, is part of the problem not the fact he's worried about his place in the Brazil team / squad, & with new forwards signing & a World Cup in November he wants to be playing more regularly?

And again, not being disrespectful, but I don't think he'll be sold for £50M. I doubt someone will even pay £40M. I'm not sure how much money the competition for Jesus, which seems to be Juve & Barca, will have to spend this summer. The money just isn't going round these big teams like it did in the past.
This won‘t be a popular view but may well turn out to be correct.

This won‘t be a popular view but may well turn out to be correct.

Don't get me wrong, in this day & age hes a £50M player. But having 12 months left on a deal makes a big difference. Look at Leicester, apparently Tielemans will be available for £25M-£30M purely because he's in his last 12 months.

Also, from what I've heard, Pep is not 1 to keep people at City against their will, he's very open to players feelings, so for those reasons, I don't think a too demanding price will be placed on his head, which is to be applauded I reckon.

Im certainly not being disrespectful, I'd bite your hands of for Jesus.
However, is part of the problem not the fact he's worried about his place in the Brazil team / squad, & with new forwards signing & a World Cup in November he wants to be playing more regularly?

And again, not being disrespectful, but I don't think he'll be sold for £50M. I doubt someone will even pay £40M. I'm not sure how much money the competition for Jesus, which seems to be Juve & Barca, will have to spend this summer. The money just isn't going round these big teams like it did in the past.

I think you are spot on, as much as many might not like to hear it.

He will want to be part of the Brazil squad. He's out of favour with little time left to get his place back. And City never do too well in terms of transfer fees for our players. Jesus doesn't have the numbers to justify a huge outlay, even though when you look closely he does have an excellent record - particularly in the CL. He'd be a great signing for Arsenal and Arteta would definitely convince him to sign...but I hope he stays with City personally because I think his workrate and willingness to play anywhere required make him a good part of our squad.

I honestly think we should keep Jesus and cash in on Sterling
Jesus is more versatile and less likely to complain/strop
He always gives 100%
He is a proper team player and his attitude is outstanding
If we can get £80-100 million for Sterling I would definitely let him go once we have secured Haaland
Based on what? On average Sterling is more clinical than Jesus and he pops up with more assists than Jesus (this season aside). If it was a choice between the two, I’d keep Sterling.

Based on what? On average Sterling is more clinical than Jesus and he pops up with more assists than Jesus (this season aside). If it was a choice between the two, I’d keep Sterling.
Sterling for me is mostly a tap in merchant, Gabby will put a full shift in and score left, right and centre.

Last edited:
Feels like Sterling has decided to run his contract down anyway, so just get 1 more season of Sterling and replace him the year after.

Sterling for me is mostly a tap in merchant, Gabby will put a full shitf in and score left, right and centre.
Jesus puts in the effort, but the reality is his conversion rate is low. His total expected goals is 74.54, whereas his actual goals scored is just 57. That's incredibly wasteful, and we saw it at Wembley how that can impact us at the business end of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I love him and I think many do, but if we're offered a decent wedge of cash, we ought to take it.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 10.23.48.png

Don't get me wrong, in this day & age hes a £50M player. But having 12 months left on a deal makes a big difference. Look at Leicester, apparently Tielemans will be available for £25M-£30M purely because he's in his last 12 months.

Also, from what I've heard, Pep is not 1 to keep people at City against their will, he's very open to players feelings, so for those reasons, I don't think a too demanding price will be placed on his head, which is to be applauded I reckon.
Pep won't want anyone who isn't 100% behind the team, that said if Jesus stays I wouldn't doubt his commitment. Also, Pep doesn't have any input on prices (incoming or outgoing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.