Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think £30-£35 million will get you Gabriel Jesus then you're a complete and utter idiot.
All depends on the clubs that come in for him. There are only so many that pay more than that for any player.

It then comes down to how much do want to keep an unhappy player and lose them for nil next year.

I would think we would ask for £50m+ (especially after this weekend) but the offers that come in would most likely be a lot less initaly and then its all down to how we play it out. I think if a player isn't starting that many games then Pep would be inclined to let them go.

Just look at the humber of injuries we have hand and the fact that Pep wants a 7 trophy season with us. I don't see how we can't let either go.
Our potential front line next season will be

Haaland (We think/hope)
Alverez (Sounds nailed on he's here in July)
Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Palmer
Delap
Sterling
Jesus

Something has to give, maybe Delap goes on loan, but i still think that leaves one heavy unless you play Grealish, Foden or Palmer in Midfield more

All depends on the clubs that come in for him. There are only so many that pay more than that for any player.

It then comes down to how much do want to keep an unhappy player and lose them for nil next year.

I would think we would ask for £50m+ (especially after this weekend) but the offers that come in would most likely be a lot less initaly and then its all down to how we play it out. I think if a player isn't starting that many games then Pep would be inclined to let them go.

We are also seeing more and more players see out their final year of their contract. Rarely do you see players moving for +50m that have one year left. Of course there are exceptions but very few these days.

The sheer amount of disrespect here, is quite frankly astonishing. You’d be getting Brazil’s #9, a man who has won several premier league titles and who grafts his arse off every game when for the majority of the time he’s been shunted out of his favoured position or has been coming off the bench and yet has still returned these numbers. Also if we can’t ask for £50m for Jesus then does that mean you also can’t ask for much for Saka? Surely a straight swap is value for money then by your logic
we want to keep Saka and will offer him a new deal. By all accounts you want to sell Jesus and dont want to offer him a new deal. Supply and demand laws apply.

Its also not disrespectful, its the truth. Gabriel Jesus is a very good player, but not an elite striker. Elite strikers are not often available and truth is whilst Jesus maybe the best option available to us, Tammy Abraham or Calvert-Lewin are more than capable alternatives who we have also been linked with.

Its totally up to you guys if you sell him. But im pretty confident Arteta will not allocate more than 30-40m for Jesus, considering we need to sign 5-6 players.

He doesn’t just score he assists (our top assister this season) and his minutes to goals ratio is exceptional.

If you pay £70M+ Pepe or whatever it was then Jesus is easily £50m
Pepe was a fuck up of monumental proportions. An absolute cluster fuck.

He will be one of the players sold this summer and the loss will be extreme. Dont use Pepe as the benchmark as no club will use its worst transfer as a reference point for relative value.

We are also seeing more and more players see out their final year of their contract. Rarely do you see players moving for +50m that have one year left. Of course there are exceptions but very few these days.
Yes - if i was his agent i would have that as a strong option. The issue he would have to weigh up is that if City have 2 new strikers next year then he might sit out a lot and what does that do for his potential wages / next deal.

I think it makes a lot of sense for him to move on this summer. If Arsenal come in then we might get £50m. If its West Ham or similar then its going to be less.

we want to keep Saka and will offer him a new deal. By all accounts you want to sell Jesus and dont want to offer him a new deal. Supply and demand laws apply.

Its also not disrespectful, its the truth. Gabriel Jesus is a very good player, but not an elite striker. Elite strikers are not often available and truth is whilst Jesus maybe the best option available to us, Tammy Abraham or Calvert-Lewin are more than capable alternatives who we have also been linked with.

Its totally up to you guys if you sell him. But im pretty confident Arteta will not allocate more than 30-40m for Jesus, considering we need to sign 5-6 players.
I don’t think its a case of city wanting to sell, we have offered a new deal, but understand he wants more minutes and won’t stand in his way.
I think Arsenal need to temper their expectations and face the facts that the club is simply not at the level it was, elite strikers are not the bracket you can attract and by all means go for Tammy/DCL but good luck getting them for anything less than half your summer’s budget.

Our potential front line next season will be

Haaland (We think/hope)
Alverez (Sounds nailed on he's here in July)
Foden
Grealish
Mahrez
Palmer
Delap
Sterling
Jesus

Something has to give, maybe Delap goes on loan, but i still think that leaves one heavy unless you play Grealish, Foden or Palmer in Midfield more

Of those, Haaland and Delap, are central attackers and Delap may well be loaned out.

Palmer is still developing.

Foden, Grealish and Stirling can play in midfield and upfront.

Mahrez is 32 next February.

Bar Alverez, they have all been injured more than once this season.

I still don't see how we let Stirling and Jesus go unless we sign Vinicius and Bellingham as replacements.

You cant ask for premium fees for players you want to sell and that only have 12 months on their contract.

Ive seen him play, his dribbling skills are less than Saka and Martinelli. If the figure works im sure Arteta will be in for him. But any ideas of 50m and it would be no deal. Were not talking about a great goal scorer here, or a great dribbler. He works hard, has some good link up play, even at 25 he would offer some experiences in our young team. But having watched Henry, RVP, Sanchez, PEA almost back to back for 20 years, im not exactly wetting the bed at the prospect of Gabriel Jesus.

There is a reason he might be on your transfer list.
Who mentioned premium fees? £50million is his fair value in todays market. No idea why you have to list previous players unless you think they'd go for £30-£35 million nowadays.

If the Arse are too cheap then there will be plenty of others interested. And that's only IF he is on the transfer list.

Of those, Haaland and Delap, are central attackers and Delap may well be loaned out.

Palmer is still developing.

Foden, Grealish and Stirling can play in midfield and upfront.

Mahrez is 32 next February.

Bar Alverez, they have all been injured more than once this season.

I still don't see how we let Stirling and Jesus go unless we sign Vinicius and Bellingham as replacements.
Agree, there are no better alternatives to those 2. Surely they only leave if its their decision, it would be ridiculous for us to actively try and force them out.
They are great footballers, out of all the prem teams for example, there is probably only Salah and Mane who you would pick ahead of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.