Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As was the theme of this game, we were punished for EVERY SINGLE FLAW in the team. Always struck me as someone going through the motions without any honest attachment to anything and I have never had confidence in him. The space between him and the crosser for the first goal was simply appalling.

You don't think he could've done a better job of blocking the cross? Granted it still might've come in but he should've been attempting to charge it down.

None of our full backs haven't covered themselves in glory in cutting out the crosses this season but for today's game I give them the benefit of doubt as Alli shouldn't been on the field to finish it (just rub salt into the wound, Alli was booked so no further retrospective action can be taken). All our players need backing to the hilt (even if you don't rate the player)

Last edited:
His half-arsed attitude towards getting out to Walker is unacceptable.

To be in a position where I am still moaning about a full-back i was moaning about 2 years ago is unacceptable. The clubs transfer policy has been one big fuck up after another.

You don't think he could've done a better job of blocking the cross? Granted it still might've come in but he should've been attempting to charge it down.

He put himself flat footed because of his indecision as to whether he would challenge the loose ball or not when he was,IMO, clearly favourite if he'd just have made the effort.

I apportion the blame for the first goal solely at his indecisive feet (and brain) - he needs to be let go with some dignity rather than forcing the fans to watch his rapid decline.
A poor man's Richard Edghill

the-scream-health-fitness-revolution.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.