Gael Clichy

notts blue said:
makes up for the over top price we paid for nasri!!
Way too early to start making comments like this.

Clichy should have been playing in the last two Champ's League games that were so important as we have no one else like him to deliver into the box from almost any area on the left - Richards powers through and nips in a little cheeky cross but he doesn't play so much as a winger like Gael does. Glad we've got him to add this aspect to our game, which would have been left desperately wanting otherwise.

Looks to have been a fantastic piece of business by Mancini so far, has come in and firmed up that left hand side defensively and he's starting to become effective going forward game by game as well. Good signing.

We need him against Arsenal to handle their pacy wingers. He can be rested against Norwich so that he will be raring to go against Bayern thereafter. After Hart, Richards, Kompany and Silva, he should be one of the first names written down for any big match.

waspish said:
Fat Chance said:
TrueBlueSte said:
He has been quality all season he is solid at the back but has such an engine! Dosent stop running, him and richards are perfect for the way we pllay with the midfield packed together because they are always an option on the wings providin quality crosses

Richards stood (still/twice) after a forward march.. with his hands on his hips watching the play going towards his own net yesterday, Clichy lost the ball up the park and ran back like his arse was on fire(70mins in). it does appear it can be done.

Your right there! That bugged me what's up with him? Why doesnt he run back to cover the defence? Mica been great but sometimes I don't understand why he doesnt put the effort in to run back

If I remember right Micah picked up a knock

He only cost 7mil because he was at the end of his contract almost. We could have had him for free if we had waited just a little bit longer. He seems to have it all so I just can't see why he doesn't play every match. For me Kolarov is good, but Clichy is better in every way... It would be like resting joe hart in champions league because Mancini had a soft spot for Taylor...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.