Gael Clichy

Clichy is by far the better left back, we dont need a left back to score goals. Clichy has probably been the best left back in the premier league this year, agreed sell Kolarov because he cannot defend for shit.

I think Kolarov's attacking contribution is overrated. I think Clichys work rate, defending and interceptions and pressing. Aswell as his quick and good passing and link-up play is far more important than Kolarov's screamers and crosses.

But that's just my opinion.

I wonder what a team with Glichy at full back and Kolarov in front would do! Although AK crosses are pacey but not always accurate. AK is a defensive liability. IMO I would opt for GG every time. A solid defender with a decent attacking capability.

Clichy is by far the better player and much more suited to the prem. Forget how good kolarov crosses, after the summer we'll hopefully have some world class wingers to do that our fullbacks need to be able to defend and kolarov can't.

I thought GC was excellent today. It was as good full back display as I have seen for a long time. I know tevez and aguero got the goals but for me for total overall performance GC was my man of the match today.

Clichy's attacking capabilities are underrated, his pace, mobility and passing are all worthy contributions. Kolarov has his crosses and free kicks but clichy is an all round better defender to me too. I would start clichy in almost all our important games, but we will never get a backup lb as good as kolarov so im not sure why people are in a hurry to move him on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.