Gambia

I'm going on the 10th of October. I'm staying at the ocean bay in bakau.

Just wondering, is it worth travelling around? How much would it be in a taxi to serrekunda/Banjul/somewhere with a decent night life?

Last question. How much did you lot pay for a beer?

Lmarkham-blueblood said:

Just wondering, is it worth travelling around? How much would it be in a taxi to serrekunda/Banjul/somewhere with a decent night life?

Peanuts is the answer pal! It's really cheap to get around. Only the tours that really cost a lot, you can grab a taxi which has been stapled together and can get to kololi or wherever you need to for next to nothing. A beer will be about 50p-£1 depending where you're buying. Enjoy it and take pens/pencils/notepads/sweets or whatever you can for the kids out there. They'll love you for it. In Kololi there is a guy who runs an unofficial City academy for kids - he works in a pizza place which is on your left as you walk towards the monkey park (I bumped into him when I was cheering Chelsea losing to Villa or someone last season and was telling everyone I supported City). Try and find him, if you wear a City top out there, he'll probably find you!

supercity88 said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:

Peanuts is the answer pal! It's really cheap to get around. Only the tours that really cost a lot, you can grab a taxi which has been stapled together and can get to kololi or wherever you need to for next to nothing. A beer will be about 50p-£1 depending where you're buying. Enjoy it and take pens/pencils/notepads/sweets or whatever you can for the kids out there. They'll love you for it. In Kololi there is a guy who runs an unofficial City academy for kids - he works in a pizza place which is on your left as you walk towards the monkey park (I bumped into him when I was cheering Chelsea losing to Villa or someone last season and was telling everyone I supported City). Try and find him, if you wear a City top out there, he'll probably find you!
Nice one mate. After watching the match with a few 'julbrews' down me I'm pretty sure the city fans in the next town over will be able to hear me!

Really hope i can go to a match if there's one on at the independence stadium. The crowd will be mad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.