Game of Thrones 4

ifiwasarichfan said:
Apologies Tony M.

However, all afternoon I have read that once it has been shown you can talk about what went on, we would have a pretty small thread otherwise. The differences in the book have been pointed out as well - the Danerys slave girl TV knocked off for instance.

some story lines in the book that have not been shown in the show YET, might come later in a spin.
I understand when they changed the whole story you might talk about it but always is safer to put it in spoiler if it bis something from books and not TV show

my 2cent

Finally got round to watching the finale and while it was good I have one major issue. It was aired ages ago so I won't bother with spoiler tags but some slight book spoilers so if you are still to read them I'd avoid the rest of this post.

I really feel they messed up the whole Tyrion thing in the TV show. In the books when Tyrion was younger he met and fell in love with a peasant girl and got married to her until his father found out and made Jamie say she was a whore who he hired for Tyrion and then had all his guards rape her and then made Tyrion go last. Then when Jamie helps him escape he comes clean and says that she was never a whore and she was just a normal girl who really loved him. This betrayal is important as Tyrion and Jamie don't part on good terms with a hug like the TV show. Tyrion promises retribution on Jamie and lies saying he really did kill Joffrey to torment him. He then goes and strangles Shae for sleeping with his father and then confronts his father asking what happened to the girl he loved and his father says she went “wherever whores go" and then he kills him.

That story line for me is really important as he doesn't just kill his father because of Shae and for sentencing him to death but for taking away the girl who truly loved him. The TV show version just seemed rushed and like Tyrion just went to kill his father for the hell of it when really there was a whole lot of emotional context and it leaves Tyrion wondering of the happiness he could have had had his father not taken it away from him.

ArtyCol said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I have just read the entire thread.

City fan and rumoured Bluemoon poster - Sam Tarly still going strong into series 5.

Now to join the others in fighting my way through the last two thirds of Book 4.

Still doesn't make me like Tarly. Maybe I will be more sympathetic when I read the books.
Doesn't the author have the final say with the show? So he must be happy with the changes...

He's a rag, carry on disliking him :).

RandomJ said:
Finally got round to watching the finale and while it was good I have one major issue. It was aired ages ago so I won't bother with spoiler tags but some slight book spoilers so if you are still to read them I'd avoid the rest of this post.

I really feel they messed up the whole Tyrion thing in the TV show. In the books when Tyrion was younger he met and fell in love with a peasant girl and got married to her until his father found out and made Jamie say she was a whore who he hired for Tyrion and then had all his guards rape her and then made Tyrion go last. Then when Jamie helps him escape he comes clean and says that she was never a whore and she was just a normal girl who really loved him. This betrayal is important as Tyrion and Jamie don't part on good terms with a hug like the TV show. Tyrion promises retribution on Jamie and lies saying he really did kill Joffrey to torment him. He then goes and strangles Shae for sleeping with his father and then confronts his father asking what happened to the girl he loved and his father says she went “wherever whores go" and then he kills him.

That story line for me is really important as he doesn't just kill his father because of Shae and for sentencing him to death but for taking away the girl who truly loved him. The TV show version just seemed rushed and like Tyrion just went to kill his father for the hell of it when really there was a whole lot of emotional context and it leaves Tyrion wondering of the happiness he could have had had his father not taken it away from him.
Completely agree with this post. There is a lot more of an emotional context in the book in this regard. Add to the fact that Tyrion keeps going back to the line "where do whores go" in book 5 and I feell they really missed a trick.

acquiesce said:
RandomJ said:

Completely agree with this post. There is a lot more of an emotional context in the book in this regard. Add to the fact that Tyrion keeps going back to the line "where do whores go" in book 5 and I feell they really missed a trick.

If you've read book 4

Doesn't Jaimie eventually abandon Cersei because of the conversation with Tyrion? They've missed a lot from such a short scene.

ManCitizens. said:
ArtyCol said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I have just read the entire thread.

City fan and rumoured Bluemoon poster - Sam Tarly still going strong into series 5.

Now to join the others in fighting my way through the last two thirds of Book 4.

Still doesn't make me like Tarly. Maybe I will be more sympathetic when I read the books.
Doesn't the author have the final say with the show? So he must be happy with the changes...

He's a rag, carry on disliking him :).

No problemo :)

RandomJ said:

Yeah but they have to fit it into a time limit dont they, every film Ive seen (and I know this isnt a film) where Ive read the book first there is always changes to make things happen quicker due to time limitations, he still lost Shae (the woman he loved) didnt he, I havent read the books to this but I think the whole Shae story made sense in the tv version.

ManCitizens. said:
acquiesce said:
RandomJ said:

If you've read book 4

Doesn't Jaimie eventually abandon Cersei because of the conversation with Tyrion? They've missed a lot from such a short scene.

Yeah but the Kettlebacks aren't in the show as of yet. I imagine Lancel will just confront Jaime as part of joining the faith.

I'm interested as to who is going to tell the High Septon of Cercei's crimes though, maybe it'll be Lancel again.

does anyone know where I can download book 4? I'm half way through it, but I can't bring the kindle into work :(

wouldn't mind a copy for the desk.. free of course

Omg just seen episode 8 and feeling completely sick at the ending! That Shit is just way too brutal for me, totally messed my day up. At least give a warning before showing horrific things like that lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.