Game of Thrones (season 8)

Yep. Ice (the stark sword) was a greatsword, they melted it down to make 2. Brienne has Jamie's and Jamie has Jeoffrey's. Arya's dagger was Littlefinger's.
Updated Swingers Club list:

Jon: Mormont
Jorah: Tarly
Brienne: Stark
Arya: Targaryen
Jamie: Stark

@urban genie Found this about Arya’s dagger earlier today, so perhaps it’s actually Targaryen (which would still be in keeping with this list)?

https://mashable.com/2017/08/12/dagger-rhaegar-targaryen-arya/

Last edited:
Updated Swingers Club list:

Jon: Mormont
Jorah: Tarly
Brienne: Stark
Arya: Targaryen
Jamie: Stark

@urban genie Found this about Arya’s dagger earlier today, so perhaps it’s actually Targaryen (which would still be in keeping with this list)?

https://mashable.com/2017/08/12/dagger-rhaegar-targaryen-arya/
Reading that makes me even more sure there's some big connection between the white walkers and the targaryen's. Even if I'm wrong, it's nice to have a theory and see if it plays out or not. Loved tonight's episode. Was expecting it to go into full on battle mode, but it's right they gave us that episode. Half of them are going to be dead soon, and they all knew it (with the extra knowledge that some of the actors will have known that was their final scene together after 10 years And I am paraphrasing a review I read there, but it was spot on).

Reading that makes me even more sure there's some big connection between the white walkers and the targaryen's. Even if I'm wrong, it's nice to have a theory and see if it plays out or not. Loved tonight's episode. Was expecting it to go into full on battle mode, but it's right they gave us that episode. Half of them are going to be dead soon, and they all knew it (with the extra knowledge that some of the actors will have known that was their final scene together after 10 years And I am paraphrasing a review I read there, but it was spot on).
I wish I enjoyed this last episode as much but I am looking forward to the next, especially in light of your theory!

I wish I enjoyed this last episode as much but I am looking forward to the next, especially in light of your theory!
I posted about it last week, so apologies if you've read it, but I'm convinced the symbols the white walkers leave have something to do with the Targaryen sigil. They're not just random, they're some kind of message, and when the arms at the Umber's all went up in flames, I was bouncing off the sofa as it not only had a similar shape, it was on fire. We'll see. As I said, nice to have a horse in the race, if it falls, so be it (and I suspect a shit load of people are going to be falling next week).

Glad its back but finding this season more difficult than others. Too many loose ends being tidily sorted amicably by the campfire, not what I am used to with GoT. Yes, there's imminent death for all at the doorstep but we've had almost two whole episodes now of kiss and make up.

Also, a major strength of the series in previous years has been to segment each episode distinctly, so you'd get a bit of Jon, then Dany, then Cersi. Doesn't work as well when they are almost all in the same room or location.

There's been some right shite in these first two episodes. So far it's been too much of a high school reunion and the story hasn't been pushed forward at all. The writing and pacing is all over the place too.

Glad its back but finding this season more difficult than others. Too many loose ends being tidily sorted amicably by the campfire, not what I am used to with GoT. Yes, there's imminent death for all at the doorstep but we've had almost two whole episodes now of kiss and make up.

Also, a major strength of the series in previous years has been to segment each episode distinctly, so you'd get a bit of Jon, then Dany, then Cersi. Doesn't work as well when they are almost all in the same room or location.

Don't worry cersie will get plenty of screen time next week when the nights king attacks kings landing on his ice dragon

My son, reckons the connection to the white walkers could be through the Starks blood line, rather than the Targarayans? They live in the north and he thinks there might be a mixed blood line in the past? Looking forward to the next episode it should be the most epic battle ever!
Edit how do you put in the spoiler tags?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.