Games you went to and wished you had been somewhere else

City 0 Watford 0, 4th December 2006

Only about 35,000 there, cold, boring boring game, at the time I was in a bad place, no job, still living at my parents, a bit lost in the world, and about half a dozen times I looked around me with nobody within ten seats of me thinking “what the fuck am I doing here?”

Spurs home game in the FA Cup quarter final , built my hopes up of a Wembley trip , we got thrashed there was a pitch invasion and Phelan probably scored our goal of the season , we were vilified in the media for weeks as a club with scum supporters , when it was the frustration of loyally supporting a club going nowhere that hit a boiling point.
Felt like shit after that game because i genuinely thought our support was the best in the land , but that day was shameful.

The most recent: City v Soton, 29/11/2017

Until about the 96th minute...

Spurs home game in the FA Cup quarter final , built my hopes up of a Wembley trip , we got thrashed there was a pitch invasion and Phelan probably scored our goal of the season , we were vilified in the media for weeks as a club with scum supporters , when it was the frustration of loyally supporting a club going nowhere that hit a boiling point.
Felt like shit after that game because i genuinely thought our support was the best in the land , but that day was shameful.
We even took an early lead through Sheron that day which made it worse, at 1-0 up I was thinking of Wembley. Still, we did make it there 6 short years later for d2 play off final:)

Last edited:
Huddersfield at home in the Frank Clark season. My mates lodger came with us he was a Middlesbrough fan . I remember him saying to me at half time that he could have stayed in and watched the bill on tv. I sat there and honestly had no idea who Barry Conlon was

Brighton away, nearly always pissed down in that crappy away 'corner'. The Police used to put peoples boot laces in a big box and you had to reclaim them at the end of the game!
Seem to remember John Bond resigning shortly after this one. There had been quite a lot of bad feeling about the decision to sell crowd favourite Nicky Reid and replace him with Bond's son Kevin ?
Nick Reid was still at City when Billy Mc was in charge wasn’t he? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

When we lost 4 1 at home to the dippers.. I’d been off work for a few days feeling really ill and dragged myself out of bed to go. When they scored the 4th I left and went straight back to bed.. should never have gone that night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.