Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Did the Adult Robin make any noise when u peered inside the next box?
I ask this because I remember some years back a pair of Great Tirs choosing to nest in an apple tree hole in the garden..I didn't want to disturb them unduly ( they nested there every summer) but one day curiosity got the better of me and I approached the nest hole and peered down inside only to jump back after the mother who was siitting on eggs made a very loud hissing/ snorting 'eff off' noise....it did the job.
Lesson learnt.leave wildlife alone.
They are tucked right in the corner so you can only really see tail feathers sticking up.

We're giving them a wide birth so we haven't really got that close. They do come out of the nest to feed, and if we are in the vicinity if the nestbox they tend to stay away until it's clear, so we tend not to hang about too close.

Should be hatched sometime this week.

7-DD9-BB83-E5-E0-4010-BBE6-D6-FF820-BBD90.jpg

loving this thread
These American Robins are so funny, there was another chick wandering around in the long grass behind and the parents were patiently watching it. When they start flying around it’s like kamakazi planes flying around. I’ve had them fly into me or zoom past my head with an adult ten feet behind screeching directions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.