Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

I live close to Chorlton water park, we get Ringed Necked Parakeets very often now, the Chorlton colony of them is getting bigger.

Buzzards and Kites a plenty, loads of little things around the feeders, tits I would presume, a few herons ungainly flying off to the estuary over head, and just to be smart....an Osprey flew over the other day, the USAF type.
Almost as cool as the real thing

Just about every bird known to man and a big hawk of some sorts who likes eating doves,it catches them in the air,plucks them,eats the head and flies off with the body,just a pile of feathers left,i've seen it a few times close up
About 50ft of my back garden i have left wild,i have loads of feeders and bird tables and the bigger birds i feed on the grass,along with foxes and badgers it's like a wildlife documentary out there

Coincidence or what?
Hadn’t seen a sparrowhawk for well over a year. After mentioning one yesterday in here, today when I’m getting my dinner ready I hear magpies making more than the usual commotion outside the kitchen window.
I have a look and there on the grass was a hawk with it’s wings in the protective stance over some small bird that looked like a small blackbird in it’s talons. It was being mobbed by magpies. One in particular being very brave.
I assumed it was a sparrowhawk but it was much bigger than the magpie which made me wonder.
Maybe a falcon but I’m not sure.

It flew off with it’s prey anyway.

We've a pet robin, Brucie. Lives in our garden and has even had her nests in an old watering can we leave hung up for her. No bigger birds really visit as the dogs seem to see them as a threat to the chickens and chase them off.

Coincidence or what?
Hadn’t seen a sparrowhawk for well over a year. After mentioning one yesterday in here, today when I’m getting my dinner ready I hear magpies making more than the usual commotion outside the kitchen window.
I have a look and there on the grass was a hawk with it’s wings in the protective stance over some small bird that looked like a small blackbird in it’s talons. It was being mobbed by magpies. One in particular being very brave.
I assumed it was a sparrowhawk but it was much bigger than the magpie which made me wonder.
Maybe a falcon but I’m not sure.

It flew off with it’s prey anyway.
Sounds more like a peregrine mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.