Gardening

Getting a lot of pleasure from working in my garden especially looking after the lawn, i have been reading up a lot on lawn care and am going to look at leveling it next year after aerating it. Even looking at getting a hand push cylinder mover.

Very relaxing
Did the same a few years back, a Bosch, cost about £50. Cuts way better than a hover, and the lawn's done in no time.

Did the same a few years back, a Bosch, cost about £50. Cuts way better than a hover, and the lawn's done in no time.
the more often you trim it the easier it gets bit like shaving, and also shows up high and low spots which need addressing for an immaculte lawn. Putting greens seem to use a dressing heavy on fine sand but thats a guess, bowling greens are nurtured with heavy rollers and a lot of attention but stand up to foot-traffic well. Good luck, can become an obsession if you're not careful...

Dig a pond. Hard work to start with but once it's ' balanced ' and the wildlife turn up your neatly manicured lawn wont matter as much. After that it may need cleaning out and the plants pruning every year or so in the early spring, watch out for frogs spawn and newts etc etc. If you're planning on hiring a mini digger just check for underground gas mains beforehand. A mate of mine can't stress the importance of this....( cough cough )

the more often you trim it the easier it gets bit like shaving, and also shows up high and low spots which need addressing for an immaculte lawn. Putting greens seem to use a dressing heavy on fine sand but thats a guess, bowling greens are nurtured with heavy rollers and a lot of attention but stand up to foot-traffic well. Good luck, can become an obsession if you're not careful...
Mine needs ripping out and starting again really. Drainage is bad in places and occasionally house bricks buried below cause poor growth. One area was really bad so I dug out a 4ft sq. patch to 3ft depth and removed 6 full bricks from just that area. Of course now it's sunken too far because I didn't have a roller to flatten it properly, so that's a job for next year. Even with the poor foundation I can get it looking decent but it takes a fair bit of effort and soon deteriorates.

Our garden is all done for the year, didn’t get started to mid June and hen a couple of early frosts zapped most of it. All the fruit trees and bushes did really well this year and tomatoes in the greenhouse were great. Oh well, maybe next year

Our garden is all done for the year, didn’t get started to mid June and hen a couple of early frosts zapped most of it. All the fruit trees and bushes did really well this year and tomatoes in the greenhouse were great. Oh well, maybe next year
tomatoes grown in Mt St Helens ash are the finest i've ever tasted.....just sayin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.