Gardening

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Indaparkside, 23 Jun 2019.

1. Love our garden, loads of wildlife. Newts in the pond, slow worms in the stone walls, breakdancing seagulls..., toads.....(got to keep the dogs off them as they play with them and their mouths froth up), sheep some mornings. Even had an 'orse from somewhere.

worsleyweb likes this.
  2. KS55

KS55

Don't eat all the strawberries at once.

3. KS55

KS55

My garden is immaculate, with shrubs, trees, perenials and a show of roses to die for. Passers by often comment on how good the front is.
    Thank god for the green fingers of ..................Mrs KS.
    I did sweep the path once.

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Sounds like BM is part of the landed gentry! If yer have a shed or a greenhouse on an allotment dya pay community charge on 'em?

5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I have one miniature apple tree in the garden. Half of the harvest, no bigger than dobbers, are lying under the tree - nature's method I suppose - and the rest of approxiamtely a kilogramme or so will make ONE pie come the autumn or two glasses of apple juice. But one tree can be an orchard, can't it?

6. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Ha ha, I have 2 allotments, both have a shed and yes I pay rent on the land but it is very reasonable. I keep waiting for the council to kick us off and sell the land for houses. It is great growing your own food and it has even got me to eat salads !!

worsleyweb likes this.
  7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I've always wanted to know just how many lettuces do put in the ground at one time and how many are picked and eaten, and how many go in food waste!

8. Innsbruckblue

Innsbruckblue

‘tis but a small garden :)

9. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

The serious answer, fuck me a serious answer in Off Top ! is seeds cost £2 a packet, you get hundreds, you sow a handful at a time and quite a few come up. As you thin them out you can take them and eat them, they are so much better than shop bought shit. I have 4 different varieties on the go and take them when I need them. Yes there is waste because some grow so well I (we) can't eat it whilst it is fresh. The left over leaves are simply put in the compost bin. Put some radish in, (the easiest thing to grow in the world) beetroot, dead easy, onions, tomatoes and some potato's and you have the basics.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Definitely tastes better! Nothing better than soup made from home grown stuff! I get a pile of tomatoes from my bro-i-l's greenhouse (he doesn't eat tomatoes!). I roast 'em, blend 'em and then freeze 'em. Twice as good as the best known leading brand!