Gareth Bale

citytill1die84 said:
If they sold Rooney for £30m I think they could easily sign Bale. He be a huge signing for them and it'd be a massive statement of intent.

Hope this doesn't happen but he'd sell plenty of shirts & could easily make money back off him.

There was a piece back a week or so saying that Tixki and company have informed Real that we would do anything to beat United's offer for Ronald (if they actually made one). We seem to be going about business in a really thoughtful manner this window...I wonder if they are willing to go all out to keep Bale from going to them. No release clause means we can essentially block them from talking to him (Levy being Levy). Wonder if we would.

most worrying thing is that we've spent, barca spent, psg spend, real spent.
Chelski are stocked, arsenal don't have this kind of dosh. If Glazer sanction a big bid, the rags easily can afford bale.

FantasyIreland said:
MCFC BOB said:
Bale sill be staying at Spurs. United don't have £60m.

What makes you so sure?

Wasn't the same said about RVP's contract and fee?

They always find the money when they have to.

Agreed...especially if Rooney goes. Would/could they go to 80 though...that is the real question.

Levy wouldn't sell for 60m to a premier team and I just can't see the glazers sanctioning a bid for any player above 40m

I believe Bale will go to Real Madrid in 12 months unless Spurs are unexpectedly successful

I just find it amusing that people are considering that United would bid £60m for anyone, let alone Gareth Bale. This is the Glazers we're talking about, they aren't in this to win trophies, or placate fans, they are in this to make money, it's that simple. There's no way they splash £60m on one player, even if they do get £20m or so for Rooney. They can continue to rake in huge profits even if United drop from 1st to 2nd or 3rd. Winning the title isn't actually that important to them, especially when you consider how much of their profits they'd need to forgo to achieve it. About as believable as Ronaldo returning to the club.

Matty said:
I just find it amusing that people are considering that United would bid £60m for anyone, let alone Gareth Bale. This is the Glazers we're talking about, they aren't in this to win trophies, or placate fans, they are in this to make money, it's that simple. There's no way they splash £60m on one player, even if they do get £20m or so for Rooney. They can continue to rake in huge profits even if United drop from 1st to 2nd or 3rd. Winning the title isn't actually that important to them, especially when you consider how much of their profits they'd need to forgo to achieve it. About as believable as Ronaldo returning to the club.

I agree. But if they were to sign Ronaldo what would he do to the share price, say if they were looking to sell. You are more intelligent than me. But say they bought him for £80m. That would be amortised over the length of the contract. Say 5 years. So that would be £16m per year. I dare say the total value of all shares may rise by over £16m. Might only take a dollar rise. The glazers get out quids in. The debts on the books.

Matty said:
I can see it. There's a huge amount of money coming into the rags' coffers now and they've reduced their debt financing cost. But the enticing thing from their point of view is that he's not on much more than £60k at Spurs I guess and they could ship out Rooney on £180k a week for £30m and get in Bale for £60m on £120k a week. So Bale will only cost them a net £15m over 5 years.

Also Moyes is probably on less than Baconface so it could even end up as costing them nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.