Gareth Bale

I can see Utd selling Rooney to get his wages off the books and using the money to help fund a move for Bale. Whether Levy will sell is another thing, but if Rooney goes and they only buy Fellaini and Baines then I think they will be battling for the top four with Spurs and Arsenal. Liverpool might also be knocking on the door if they can replace Suarez when he goes.

Should be a good season, if Rooney goes to Chelsea then I think they will be our rivals for the league.

If we sign Jovetic then I would like to see us sell Dzeko and make a bid for Bale too, we'd then have plenty of options in all positions. The defence should be OK until next summer, although a decent young right-sided centre-back or left-back would be nice too.

If we are serious about Pepe then it looks as though we are prepared to spend up to another 20 million more this window.

Im sure levy will bend over for united and let bale go to them for less than he would to madrid for the promise of a youngster or 2 on loan for 6 months or they could just kidnap him like they did with berbatov, whatever the outcome im not worried.

So that's £60m minimum for Bale, £12m minimum for Baines and £25m minimum for Fabregas. Add in £60m for Ronaldo.

Minimum £150m outlay?

Likely?

It's all just a dick swinging ceremony to get the plebs to buy up the season tickets, whilst across the border in Manchester, we are actually signing quality players, rather than just saying we will.

That said, if we had only signed one or possibly none, we would still turn up. And therein lies the difference.

It has come to light that in Paulinho's contract he had the assurance that Bale was staying at spuds for another season. Can't see anything happening here till next summer.

Lol, the rag media really are trying their hardest to cover Moyes's fuck ups aren't they? If Real can't convince Spurs to sell this summer then United have absolutely no chance. It's embarassing, all this just because the Chief Exec is flying home early?

mancboy said:
Im sure levy will bend over for united and let bale go to them for less than he would to madrid for the promise of a youngster or 2 on loan for 6 months or they could just kidnap him like they did with berbatov, whatever the outcome im not worried.

Whatever we think of Tottenham, Levy is a tough negotiator and he played a blinder in the Berbatov transfer, managing to squeeze another £5m or so out of United. I doubt he'd be willing to sell Bale to anybody for less than £70m-£80m and I also doubt that he'd be willing to sell him to another Premier League club - they might be tight arses down at the Lane but they're also good at protecting their interests, moreso than Arsenal. So while it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that United would bid £60m for Bale, I can't see them being successful in landing him.

BigOscar said:
Lol, the rag media really are trying their hardest to cover Moyes's fuck ups aren't they? If Real can't convince Spurs to sell this summer then United have absolutely no chance. It's embarassing, all this just because the Chief Exec is flying home early?
What, like putting Rooney's disgust at the club on the front pages?
It's just transfer bollocks. We'll probably be linked to him next week, but don't tell me - that will just be so they can type the letters S N U B when he doesn't sign...

Salford_Blue said:
So that's £60m minimum for Bale, £12m minimum for Baines and £25m minimum for Fabregas. Add in £60m for Ronaldo.

Minimum £150m outlay?

Likely?

It's all just a dick swinging ceremony to get the plebs to buy up the season tickets, whilst across the border in Manchester, we are actually signing quality players, rather than just saying we will.

That said, if we had only signed one or possibly none, we would still turn up. And therein lies the difference.

I reckon those 4 players would cost at least 200 million tbh. I think it's fair to say it's unlikely. Baines and Fellaini for a combined 40 million is a much more realistic summer window for them, I would have thought.

Ed Woodward is coming back for 3 things:-

1. To sell Rooney

2. To make it look like they are after a big name player

3. To help in their call centre to cold call people to buy season tickets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.