Gareth Bale

I for one think he is Real bound, but this deal could get stupid if Spurs get 100m, for me that's 40m too much.

If I was Tottenham I would try and get Di Maria included as there is not going to be a better player available on the market for that position.

spurspinter1 said:
zeven said:
spurspinter1 said:
What evidence have you seen to suggest this? (apart from quotes in Marca that were actually from Modric the year before)
Common sense?

Common sense would be recognizing that he has previously said the idea of playing for Real Madrid at some point in his career, but that wasn't what I was asking for evidence of.

If he'd have done a Modric by now it'd be fairly obvious but he has not so it's confusing, do people actually take quoteless daily mail stories seriously on here?
The whole of the British press is reporting a bid, as is marca, and AVB's No Comment reaction was pretty telling. i read the Observer Sport today, and they are reporting similar i.e bid made, Bales wants to go.

Put yourself in Bale's shoes. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity

It maybe supposition, but I'd be very surprised if bale stays now. if he does, I think it will be against his will

spurspinter1 said:
zeven said:
spurspinter1 said:
What evidence have you seen to suggest this? (apart from quotes in Marca that were actually from Modric the year before)
Common sense?

Common sense would be recognizing that he has previously said the idea of playing for Real Madrid at some point in his career, but that wasn't what I was asking for evidence of.

If he'd have done a Modric by now it'd be fairly obvious but he has not so it's confusing, do people actually take quoteless daily mail stories seriously on here?

Your manager was asked whether Bale had asked for a move and refused to answer. You could say that he's refusing to answer all questions regarding Bale, but that wasn't the case until just recently. Clearly something has changed, and I'd be very surprised if Bale isn't playing for Real Madrid next season.

Kite flying at best! I don't see either Di Maria and Coentrao taking a switch to Spuds.

The deal is alive but will be for cash.

To be fair when Real Madrid apply this much charm offensive it ends up with them getting their prize.

I think Bale is simply being a decent person about it and saying very little.

If i were a gambling man i would have money on Bale being a Madrid player by next friday or at least "talks" with Madrid and his agent.

Marvin said:
spurspinter1 said:
zeven said:
Common sense?

The whole of the British press is reporting a bid, as is marca, and AVB's No Comment reaction was pretty telling. i read the Observer Sport today, and they are reporting similar i.e bid made, Bales wants to go.

It maybe supposition, but I'd be very surprised if bale stays now. if he does, I think it will be against his will

David Pleat who is employed by us said on Talksport that he doesn't believe an official bid has been made. Bale has only spoken of his focus in getting us in to the champions league. AVB also said we're currently negotiating a new contract. Swings and roundabouts, we don't really know whats going on.

How is it a once in a lifetime opportunity?! He's 24 for the love of God!

spurspinter1 said:
Marvin said:
spurspinter1 said:

David Pleat who is employed by us said on Talksport that he doesn't believe an official bid has been made. Bale has only spoken of his focus in getting us in to the champions league. AVB also said we're currently negotiating a new contract. Swings and roundabouts, we don't really know whats going on.

How is it a once in a lifetime opportunity?! He's 24 for the love of God!
True we don't know for sure. Nothing has been confirmed from bale / Spurs, but AVB's awkward response makes me think that the media version is very believable

If I were Levy, I'd do the deal now - while you can replace the player. If it drags out, and Bale eventually hands in a transfer request in mid-August, it makes it very difficult to deal with.

I think Bale not renewing this supposed new contract is playing a big say so in what Bale's desires are, if there was nothing bothering him about leaving Tottenham then surely he would be signing up to a nice new hefty pay cheque at Spurs??

Madrid bound in my opinion.

Would be a miss fot the PL though.

andyhinch said:
If Bale wants to see what happens when a top player makes a bad career move, he need only to look at Paul Gascoigne. If Gazza had signed for Fergie instead of Spurs, his career would have turned out far better than it did. Bale should turn Madrid down and make the move that Gazza missed.

To be fair, there was a drinking culture at United that Baconface couldn't handle. He sold them rather than solve the problem himself. Gazza could have ended up exactly the way he did. We'll never know.

sam-caddick said:
I think Bale not renewing this supposed new contract is playing a big say so in what Bale's desires are, if there was nothing bothering him about leaving Tottenham then surely he would be signing up to a nice new hefty pay cheque at Spurs??

Madrid bound in my opinion.

Would be a miss fot the PL though.

Contract negotiations can take various amounts of time for varying reasons that I most definitely do not understand, it's not massively valid to try and use the lack of a new contract in an argument on either side of the fence.

Nobody apart from those closely linked to Bale, Levy and Perez will really know whats going on. If you choose to take a rehashed Daily Mail article which has Bale as being distraught it's entirely up to you (not you in particular, just people in general I mean!)

I feel like I spend a bit too much of my time in this thread, it's best to just see how it plays out I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.