Gareth Bale

Marvin said:
spurspinter1 said:
zeven said:
Common sense?

Common sense would be recognizing that he has previously said the idea of playing for Real Madrid at some point in his career, but that wasn't what I was asking for evidence of.

If he'd have done a Modric by now it'd be fairly obvious but he has not so it's confusing, do people actually take quoteless daily mail stories seriously on here?
The whole of the British press is reporting a bid, as is marca, and AVB's No Comment reaction was pretty telling. i read the Observer Sport today, and they are reporting similar i.e bid made, Bales wants to go.

Put yourself in Bale's shoes. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity

It maybe supposition, but I'd be very surprised if bale stays now. if he does, I think it will be against his will

Don't know if it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, think there will be other chances for him.

My problem is that he willingly signed contract extensions ans took the payrises and security of the longer term.

If he wanted freedom of movement he shouldnt have signed.

If it's true that Levy has demanded £100 million for Bale then he has well and truly dropped a clanger especially when they are trying to offer him a new contract. Levy has put himself in a weak position as he either has to sell Bale, offer him a ridiculously high contract (to reflect his asking price) or keep Bale on his current contract which may just make the player more eager to move.

cityfan41 said:
Spurssprinter, surely you'd be happy with 50m and two Real players
wouldn't you?.

Depends which Madrid players, Ozil and Ronaldo and I'd consider it :)

I don't really see a swap deal happening, they rarely do, too many agents involved. The two seem to be touted are Coentrao and Di Maria, the former I rate highly but the latter is not someone I'd want playing for Spurs, horrible little bastard in my opinion and blows hot and cold for me.

Then there is the wages issue as well, I've got no idea how much those two players would be on so I might be wrong but I think both of them would perhaps be 80K a week or possibly more, Coentrao would be worth that but it would mean moving along BAE which would be a shame in my opinion but the Portoguse's versatility and youth does definitely make him a better option, with Rose as his understudy.

If Bale is distraught and hampering for a move then he should put in a transfer request, he doesn't seem the type to pull a Berba or Modric though. I think it is a shame if he does indeed desperately want to leave because I believe we are on the brink of doing something this year, if we keep Bale and he continues his form as well as having signings in the shape of Paulinho and Soldado (hopefully....) then we could potentially do some damage this year, he has got time to play for Real Madrid, it'd be good if he could stay with us for another season.

I'm not sure what offer would entice myself in to accepting, I think Real Madrid are a pretty morally corrupt and vulgar example of a football club and should be bled dry if attempting to schmooze our best player away from us. 90m alongside Coentrao and Morata would be food for thought, most on here will say that is a ridiculous demand but unless Bale is kicking up a fuss in public we have no massive reason to sell, still got three years on his contract, Bale being "born to play for Real Madrid" means fuck all unfortunately for Perez, Levy isn't going to let him go cheap on the basis of some shit journalism in the Daily Mail luckily.

There was a guy on the radio the other day saying he doesn't understand why people still want to go to Spain. Ok I get the pull of Madrid,Barca etc-Great lifestyle,weather and all that but the Spanish league is going to get even fucking worse now.Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the tv revenues being spread out more evenly in future?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
There was a guy on the radio the other day saying he doesn't understand why people still want to go to Spain. Ok I get the pull of Madrid,Barca etc-Great lifestyle,weather and all that but the Spanish league is going to get even fucking worse now.Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the tv revenues being spread out more evenly in future?

Be interesting to see how the investigation off madrids training ground sale pans out though?! They may generate loads off cash but are still hundreds off millions in debt!

spurspinter1 said:
cityfan41 said:
Spurssprinter, surely you'd be happy with 50m and two Real players
wouldn't you?.

Depends which Madrid players, Ozil and Ronaldo and I'd consider it :)

I don't really see a swap deal happening, they rarely do, too many agents involved. The two seem to be touted are Coentrao and Di Maria, the former I rate highly but the latter is not someone I'd want playing for Spurs, horrible little bastard in my opinion and blows hot and cold for me.

Then there is the wages issue as well, I've got no idea how much those two players would be on so I might be wrong but I think both of them would perhaps be 80K a week or possibly more, Coentrao would be worth that but it would mean moving along BAE which would be a shame in my opinion but the Portoguse's versatility and youth does definitely make him a better option, with Rose as his understudy.

If Bale is distraught and hampering for a move then he should put in a transfer request, he doesn't seem the type to pull a Berba or Modric though. I think it is a shame if he does indeed desperately want to leave because I believe we are on the brink of doing something this year, if we keep Bale and he continues his form as well as having signings in the shape of Paulinho and Soldado (hopefully....) then we could potentially do some damage this year, he has got time to play for Real Madrid, it'd be good if he could stay with us for another season.

I'm not sure what offer would entice myself in to accepting, I think Real Madrid are a pretty morally corrupt and vulgar example of a football club and should be bled dry if attempting to schmooze our best player away from us. 90m alongside Coentrao and Morata would be food for thought, most on here will say that is a ridiculous demand but unless Bale is kicking up a fuss in public we have no massive reason to sell, still got three years on his contract, Bale being "born to play for Real Madrid" means fuck all unfortunately for Perez, Levy isn't going to let him go cheap on the basis of some shit journalism in the Daily Mail luckily.

The massive reason to sell is €100m. He's a terrific player but he's not really worth that. So if Madrid is stupid enough to offer that much they should take it before they come to their senses. With that money they could buy 5 elite players and really take a run at CL not just this season but many seasons to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.