Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer is a wierd one. Bale is a class player, but just got this niggling feeling that we shouldn't go for him.

There is definitely a rumour flying round in Wales that he's coming here.

There is definitely a rumour flying round in Wales that he's coming here.
If so I wouldn't hate the transfer. I mean he's world class when he's actually healthy. The issue is he's hurt wayyyy to much and his salary is insane. If he drops his wages down for us though I wouldn't mind.

Top player. With him or Sanchez I'd feel very confident Bout this season.

Would I be worried if he went to our rivals? Yes I would.

A very nearly world class player who would make us stronger but probably too much money considering his age/ injuries.

Yeah, fantastic player but he's only just turned 28 to be fair so age is definitely on his side. Agree on the injury issue though - I've just looked up his stats and in his whole career he's made less than 300 club appearances which is astonishing, especially as 40 of those were for Saints as a 16 and 17 year old.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember him playing for Southampton against us in the FA Cup way back in January 2007? There was a lot of hype surrounding him at the time and I was worried he'd do some damage but the game - which we won 3-1 IIRC - pretty much passed him by.

maybe if Madrid are looking to offload him then we could get him with the sanchez money if alexis isn't coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.