Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the reasons against this idea, but would the buying price really be that high?

He's a well known sick note at this point, and even if his wages are high now when does his contract end? He could sign for far less per week to get a 3 or 4 year contract extension and know he will get more game time. Is he worth taking such a risk? I can see the temptation. He's also HG (no?) so that helps us in that area as well if we decide to move one of our other HG players out if they are deemed a surplus after next season (Stones or Delph).

I think he's not our #1 option, but something to consider if other things don't go as we hope as even if he is out injured we have SJS (all who should improve) and Kun still around, but we don't have to play him every week, so that can keep him fresher.

I thought the days of buying hospital cases were long gone.
No thanks.
Then again - this may be to trigger Utd interest in gazumping us. In which case, I'm all for it!

Whoever we get let's make sure we are well equipped to have a proper go at UCL and do a treble.

Injuries aside its the wages that will kill this one in the crib. He's on about 300 euros a week after tax and if we told Sanchez to shove it when he asked for that I highly doubt we'll jump at the chance to sign Bale for the same price less than a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.