Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you're saying and I agree it's a waste. It's a waste for football and football fans because he's still a top player, and I'd like to see him go back to Tottenham and be part of the PL again.
It's not a waste for him though. He'll be in £52m a year. Fifty two MILLION pounds!! Spurs could probably pay him £250m a week, so it's harsh to call him pathetic. Especially considering his injury record. He could go back to Spurs, earn far, far less and struggle with injuries, or he can go to China, play in their pub league for a couoke of seasons, then retire a very rich man.

He's already a very very rich man, but playing top level sport is such a short opportunity, it's a surprise that a player as good as him has effectively called time on his professional satisfaction and achievement so early.

Bale in the Chinese league is akin to an England batsman pissing about in a little village team.

He's already a very very rich man, but playing top level sport is such a short opportunity, it's a surprise that a player as good as him has effectively called time on his professional satisfaction and achievement so early.

Bale in the Chinese league is akin to an England batsman pissing about in a little village team.
And I'm sure a few English batsman would play in a village team for £1 million a week.

I agree with what you're saying but what's he going to win at Spurs or united? He won the Champions League 3 times in a row with real, amongst other honors. He'd be taking a backwards step for considerably less money. And I don't go with this 'how much money does one man need' theory that gets used a lot on here. He's not going to play for free, and, although there doesn't seem to be much difference between earning £1m a week or £1m a month to you or I; if we was living his lifestyle we would understand the difference.

He does seem far too young to effectively retire, and I think it's a shame he's called it a day on decent level football, but he's a sick note. How many years has he got left in him? He's struggling to stay fit in the Spanish league, how's he going to stay fit in the Premier league?

He obviously has his reasons for choosing China anyway, that's just my theory of why.

I see what you're saying and I agree it's a waste. It's a waste for football and football fans because he's still a top player, and I'd like to see him go back to Tottenham and be part of the PL again.
It's not a waste for him though. He'll be in £52m a year. Fifty two MILLION pounds!! Spurs could probably pay him £250m a week, so it's harsh to call him pathetic. Especially considering his injury record. He could go back to Spurs, earn far, far less and struggle with injuries, or he can go to China, play in their pub league for a couoke of seasons, then retire a very rich man.

To the average man the money he has earned and still can is surely enough
I want to see him say fuck you madrid I’m gonna go to spurs or city or united etc and show you how good I am
I wanna see him show some passion that’s all

Have any of the English clubs, or any European clubs made him an offer though? No one seems interested.

I am not interested as a City fan, but that's because we have Bernardo, Raheem, Sane and Mahrez.

Man Utd have Alexis and Rashford. If I was going to shell out hundreds of thousands of £ in wages to a layer, I'd rather give it t Bale than those two.

If you can easily make £250m in 5 years, you can dedicate the rest of your life to changing the world for the better.

Anyone criticising him for moving for that money is short sighted. I feel sorry for your lack of imagination. Winning a few baubles is meaningless compared to the opportunity he's been offered there.

Back in Europe next summer, why not go there for a year now though and bank 50mil then just move on next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.