gareth barry - a dilemma

and has largely coasted in recent months
yes that sums him up tolmie m8.
get him in for repairs , cos at the moment he,s no use to us..

Been saying this ever since we signed him. Runs through treacle every game and the most he contributes is trying to draw a free kick by flopping on his belly and hoping the whistle goes.

He hasn't looked fit for a while.

He's a class player though, lack of rotation in midfield hasn't helped. A bit of time off and I'm convinced we'll see the Barry we saw at the start of the season.

he has been playing non stop all season already so is due for abit of a rest, and im sure hes been carrying a injury.

carnt wait for paddy vieria to play for city, would like to see ireland start abit more now hes gotten over that problem he had against fulham in the cup.

If he's not carrying an injury I feel sorry for him, because what he has shown for the most part, is not far from good enough, and he is letting himself and us down. I cannot believe this is the barry we knew from villa.

what a relive that most if not all of us have agreed for once that there is something niggling wrong with barry?

I started a similar thread about a month ago.

Whether it's injury or not, Barry just doesn't seem "at it", and hasn't done for a good few months now. I actually think that he's the most vulnerable to being replaced under Mancini. Or at least becoming more of a "squad" player...

kippax71 said:
A very harsh thread. I notice no one has started one about how wank Ireland has been all season.

Actually thought is was far from harsh, more of an appraisal, certainly seems to be a consensus.

As for Ireland, agree entirely. Although I suspect just as some argue Barry has played too many games, to his detriment, the same can be said for Ireland not receiving enough opportunties when fit.

People are too quick to label someone as world class - Ireland won't be even anywhere near that until he can consistently repeat his form of last year over three or four years.

And I'm a big fan of his, just more realistic, as I originally was in my assessment of Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.