Gareth Barry Retires

A players player. I loved him at City. He was absolutely marvellous for us and we let him go way too soon. Hugely skilful player who was vastly underrated by everyone except those who saw him play every week. A consummate professional to boot, great guy to have in the dressing room. And the only time he steps out of line in a 20 year career he steals a taxi in the middle of the night and has half the Barca police force out looking for him - legend !

What a midfield we had in that title winning season - peak Silva peak Yaya peak Nasri and a peak Gareth Barry knitting it all together perfectly. You could make a good argument for that being the greatest ever midfield to play in English football.

I hope he realises the high esteem in which he’s held by City fans. I couldn’t find an official tribute on our rubbish website but I hope we put one out.

All the best to him in the future

Good old Gaz Baz. He was one of those players who, when they're gone, makes you realise what a big part of the squad he was, even if he was a bit patchy under Martinez. And Everton fans like players with a mean streak, which he had in spades - didn't he get more bookings than anyone else in one season?

A players player. I loved him at City. He was absolutely marvellous for us and we let him go way too soon. Hugely skilful player who was vastly underrated by everyone except those who saw him play every week. A consummate professional to boot, great guy to have in the dressing room. And the only time he steps out of line in a 20 year career he steals a taxi in the middle of the night and has half the Barca police force out looking for him - legend !

What a midfield we had in that title winning season - peak Silva peak Yaya peak Nasri and a peak Gareth Barry knitting it all together perfectly. You could make a good argument for that being the greatest ever midfield to play in English football.

I hope he realises the high esteem in which he’s held by City fans. I couldn’t find an official tribute on our rubbish website but I hope we put one out.

All the best to him in the future
We also had NdJ.

An extremely underrated member of the 11/12 squad. The likes of Merlin, Kun, Yaya, NDJ etc got the plaudits in that side. But Gareth was vital as the "sitting/holding" midfielder. The Rodri of that team.

Best player I have ever seen at winning a free kick to break up play, wonder if Jack saw him as a kid at Villa and learnt it.

An extremely underrated member of the 11/12 squad. The likes of Merlin, Kun, Yaya, NDJ etc got the plaudits in that side. But Gareth was vital as the "sitting/holding" midfielder. The Rodri of that team.
Rodri has yet to master the innocuous obstruction with use of the arse, thereby stopping opposition counters without receiving a yellow card. If he does the footballing world will tremble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.