Gareth Barry - usual waste of space

tufty said:
I for one would not be bothered if he never put a Blue shirt om ever again. Never seen a footballer go from good to shite so quickly in my life.

not really sure how we ban these clueless rags... Over to u Mods..

f**k off to you, i have been following the blues for 45 years and i have seen enough dross out there to know that he is not the same player as he was for villa. what happened to the driving force that he was. i cant beleive he is still carrying an injury, but he is certainly not worth the money we paid for him so far.

f**k off to you, i have been following the blues for 45 years and i have seen enough dross out there to know that he is not the same player as he was for villa. what happened to the driving force that he was. i cant beleive he is still carrying an injury, but he is certainly not worth the money we paid for him so far.

tufty said:

So he was a driving force for Villa but now he is shit... oh dear another clueless numpty.. 45 years a fool...

What do people expect from Barry? He's not got any pace and hasn't had any for years.

As proved with England, Barry's role is THE holding midfielder allowing Gerrard and Lampard to do their stuff.

At City, we are expecting him to become a Gerrard or a Lampard (as we only have 2454 defensive midfielders) but he never has, is, or will be that type of player.

I think people expected too much of Gareth Barry when he came here ......

As most Villa fans would tell you he was always a bit on the inconsistent side there ..... think about it?

How often has he really stood out for them against us , or even against the rags , in the past ?

Hardly any ..... that's how many!

He's never been truly consistent , has always done it in 'fits and starts' , with the odd goal thrown in ..... and a lot of City fans who over-raved about him had me baffled at the time of his signing , because i'd seen this guy enough times as his career progressed to know that he was a good player 'on his day' .. but certainly NOT a great one.

And that's why we got an England international for only £12 million , when transfer prices were a trifle extortionate , to say the least , elsewhere!

He missed two very good chances tonite , when he really ought to have scored ...... but he wasn't alone , the way the entire side went to pieces again late on is really quite alarming .

hes not the same player he was for villa.but once again,when ever somebody goes to put the blue shirt on they turn into a failure.i cant understand why this happens.

mcfcdave said:
hes not the same player he was for villa.but once again,when ever somebody goes to put the blue shirt on they turn into a failure.i cant understand why this happens.

He's carrying an injury - he can't run properly - looks as though he needs a shit.

mr t said:
mcfcdave said:

He's carrying an injury - he can't run properly - looks as though he needs a shit.

If he's carrying an injury , then he really shouldn't be playing ....... and a good manager would know that , and act on it.

I'd rather play a reserve player who's fully fit and keen to make his mark , than an international player whos unfit ...... because i'd want my team to win , and i've more chance of it doing so when we can fully compete with the opposition , WITHOUT holding back!

Barrys form has somewhat dipped rapidly, started off like a house on fire and he's just got worse as the season has drawn on, he's been up and down all year, tonight i think he did alrite, only problem i had with him tonight was him rushing on the ball, he gave the ball away 10 times tonight in the game where a quick look round would of helped him, and he had yards of room to get the ball down and play,

loads more worse players out there tonight than barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.