Gareth Barry

Barry's season has gone something like:

Bad, good, very good, great, great, amazing, bleh, average, poor

He is indeed enigmatic, he can be the hidden gem of our team one week and a sluggish liability the next.

What is for sure is that after a very good start where he was often the best player on the pitch for us, he has now lost form again. He was poor for England too against Montenegro. :/

If he had the pace of a normal guy (not even an athlete) and didnt have the turning circle of a oil tanker, then he'd be a great player.
As it is, with those two handicaps (which wont ever go away) he is a very good Premiership player who I'd still have in my first XL every time.

I really don't undersand how his form changes so quickly. He is experienced, and has often been described as "Mr Reliable". He's anything but reliable. He can be sensational one week and dog shit the next. If he was an inexperienced kid i could understand it, but he's a seasoned pro. He should have more consistency than this. I just don't get it.

On our wide,big Pitch and with only Ten Men -against one of the best Footballing, passing teams I have ever seen; I think Barry and Milner were always going to be on a hiding to nothing. NDJ can still get his tackles in. I thought he did well today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.