Gareth Barry

Barry will always have his haters and lovers on the site there is no doubting it. Sadly for Barry he is not to the standard needed in a midfield looking at winning Cups and the league. He is not on his own by any means if you are to look at even Yaya and Milner both players havnt hit the heights of years gone by. We need a Xabi Alonso type of player beside De Jong if thats how Mancini is going to continue to play. Finding that type of player is a hard thing to do. I would even try Yaya beside De Jong with Silva behind the strikers in Yayas roll it is going to happen sooner rather than later. The lack of tempo is killing us and its down to Barry and Yaya slowing things down to a crawl and it makes things easy for who we are playing. A quicker tempo will get us to the next level with the players we already have. A quicker tempo with better players could well see us go for the title next season.

We need to try and get Schwienstiger if Bayern miss out on CL go all out for him. Proven quaility on the ball and can also play wide if need be. Also we need a better winger than Johnson and I would look at Jesus Navas from Sevilla and another young midfielder who we can gel into the system maybe James McCarthy as he has potential and with playing with better players week in week out will only get better and better.

For me Barry plays in the wrong role, he is a better defensive midfielder than de Jong, he may not stand out as one but that is because Barry is a few seconds ahead of anyone else where the ball is being played and makes it look like an easy interception, whereas de jong goes in at the same time and makes it look like he has won the ball through hard work.

If only he could pass and had legs then he would be a fabulous midfielder.

leighton said:
Barry will always have his haters and lovers on the site there is no doubting it. Sadly for Barry he is not to the standard needed in a midfield looking at winning Cups and the league. He is not on his own by any means if you are to look at even Yaya and Milner both players havnt hit the heights of years gone by. We need a Xabi Alonso type of player beside De Jong if thats how Mancini is going to continue to play. Finding that type of player is a hard thing to do. I would even try Yaya beside De Jong with Silva behind the strikers in Yayas roll it is going to happen sooner rather than later. The lack of tempo is killing us and its down to Barry and Yaya slowing things down to a crawl and it makes things easy for who we are playing. A quicker tempo will get us to the next level with the players we already have. A quicker tempo with better players could well see us go for the title next season.

Couldn't agree more. A deep lying playmaker. We have 2 short passing masters with no creativity. De Jong and Barry. And we shouldn't have 2 of them. Thats why we are so defensive. Barry offers nothing forward and he is not good enough..thats just a fact.

Nuri Sahin is probly the best young player in that role now.

I can't wait to see our squad next season if we get to the CL. I honestly dont want to see more of those slow clumsy midfielders like Barry in our starting 11.

And i would like us to be more attacking next season and play with higher tempo. Otherwise we will struggle against the bigger sides (and smaller lol).

Either:

----Silva
Yaya---De Jong

or:

---Yaya--Someone
------De Jong

Tired of this shit formation:

----Yaya
Barry...De Jong <------ thats what i call a sad defensive line-up for a top team.

salfordblues said:
For me, he doesn't do much wrong but if we are thinking long term then he's obviously not it.

I'd play Yaya where he plays, and put Silva in the middle where he can do more damage and play Kolarov/Balotelli on the left and Johnson on the right.

Yaya in his place and Milner where Yaya currently plays

BlueCityfan said:
leighton said:

Couldn't agree more. A deep lying playmaker. We have 2 short passing masters with no creativity. De Jong and Barry. And we shouldn't have 2 of them. Thats why we are so defensive. Barry offers nothing forward and he is not good enough..thats just a fact.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQRjLwj-Xk[/youtube]

De Jong was a creative midfielder before we signed him, hes half the player he used to be.

20sbc07 said:
BlueCityfan said:

De Jong was a creative midfielder before we signed him, hes half the player he used to be.

Yeah..till he found the place where he truly belongs. He is a beast destroyer.

And it's too late to convert him back to that role. He is a different player now.

And i can guarantee you that no1 will put him back there. So thats not an option. We need to look in the market.

WNRH said:
For me Barry plays in the wrong role, he is a better defensive midfielder than de Jong, he may not stand out as one but that is because Barry is a few seconds ahead of anyone else where the ball is being played and makes it look like an easy interception, whereas de jong goes in at the same time and makes it look like he has won the ball through hard work.

If only he could pass and had legs then he would be a fabulous midfielder.

He may well be a few seconds ahead of anyone else when making interceptions but thats just down to his experience. By the time he gets the ball and does his little circle or try and get the ball onto his left foot he has someone putting pressure on him while he is making a pass which leads to him mis placing some passes. If only he was more confident in trying more first time passes and trying to up the tempo then maybe there is a chance for him at the club. The more he slows it down the harder we find it to break teams down.

20sbc07 said:
BlueCityfan said:

Is this true? Wow didn't know that but tbf he is part of the backbone of our side and a very very good dm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.