Gareth Barry

TFC said:
He was top class, hard to understand the criticism he gets.

I used to be one of his main critics, at a time where he was having mediocre performances...

Those days have long past and he has been a rock. I'm very happy he has proven me wrong this season.

I feel bad for Gaz Baz, a rich exile at City, missing out on all those trophies Liverpool have won recently.

Calcio said:
I still think he's one the weaker points of the team together with lescott

Everyone has an opinion I know, but I fail to understand how you don't rate him.

First half today was arguably one of his finest in a blue shirt.

Won every header and as far as I remember, all the 50-50's.

Silva gets all the plaudits, but without the Gareth Barry's in your team, Silva doesn't see half the ball that he does and you will win cock-all.

Sorry for repeating myself, but when Mourinho won the League in his first season, his first signing was Makelele. You could argue that without him, they wouldn't.

Likewise at City. Without Barry, De Jong and to an extent Yaya, I genuinely think we wouldn't be where we are now.

Superb for us today. Reads the game well and more than wins his fair share of vital headers in middle of the park.

citymad said:
Superb for us today. Reads the game well and more than wins his fair share of vital headers in middle of the park.

Echo that, his positioning lately to break down an attack has been superb, even without winning the ball he takes up positions to stop a pass or run being made, excellent football brain.

Big G said:
citymad said:

Echo that, his positioning lately to break down an attack has been superb, even without winning the ball he takes up positions to stop a pass or run being made, excellent football brain.

Probably playing the best football of his career.

Was without a shadow of a doubt my motm. I will be the first to admit that I didnt really "value" him last year, but if i could i would apoligise to him and tell him how much I appreciate what he does for us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.