Gareth Barry

MihaiCity

I know that i will get slaugh on here because saying that but this is the best time to sell on him and go and get someone like matuidi or banega...the truth is he simply can't keep the pace against a decent fast opponent and his legs start to get gone..

Have to agree - have being a huge fan of Barry but he just hasn't got the ability required to take us forward anymore.

I'd keep him for this season as cover and loan out Emyr Huws to the Netherlands or a Spanish club and once Barry's contract is over, hope that Huws is good enough to fill the squad position. I don't see Barry lasting beyond this season at the club.

said it to my lad about 30mins ago after let the ball go out over the line from yaya pass

he did look leggy and slow when he come on time to let him go and move milner over and hope rodwell stays fit

You'll get slaughtered by some but I reckon Barry is nearing his expiry date and City see that by not offering him a new deal. The difference between Fernandinho and Barry is huge... Fernandinho plays with speed in his legs and speed in his mind and offers much more. However, Fernandinho isn't as disciplined which is why there is merit to the idea of replacing Barry with a more focused defensive midfielder. I won't have any objections if Barry stays, he can probably serve us well for the last year of his deal, but he (and Garcia) is one player we could replace to make our improving squad even better.

very talented man.

far too slow now for the top level i'm afraid, maybe keep him for the two domestic cups and to keep the english quota.

shouldn't get a new contract.

Totally agree will be amazed if he gets a contract extension, sell, sell, sell

Barry, Garcia, Kolarov,
[bigimg]http://www.cwgsy.net/community%2Ftosy/images/snail.gif[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.