Gareth Southgate

Get Dyche in

We're not playing progressive football when it has to go through Declan Rice to collect the ball from the defenders

Might aswell save the trouble, cut out the middle man and let Pickford smash it 70 yards to Ivan Toney. Full dycheball.
Tbf we don't need rice. John Stones can bring the ball forward better than anyone

I agree but Venables was sacked for his offfield activities.
That's the problem the FA should have backed him, the fans loved him the players loved him. He was far to controversial and he wasn't a yes man same reason why Brian Clough never managed England when it was so obviously the right man for the job.

That's the problem the FA should have backed him, the fans loved him the players loved him. He was far to controversial and he wasn't a yes man same reason why Brian Clough never managed England when it was so obviously the right man for the job.
FA's reason could have been it would have affected his England duties. Hoddle wasn't that bad to be honest but had nutty ideologies.

Along with many others, I've often given Southgate credit for healing the dressing room atmosphere and instilling some team spirit.

But maybe he's just been lucky in that most of this generation's footballers aren't twats or difficult to work with.

Quite apart from the divisions that seem to have appeared at this tournament, a half-decent man-manager would have resolved the Ben White situation, which seems to have been nothing more than a pretty mild falling-out that a touchy player took to heart. A good manager fixes that - a great one gets them to laugh it off.

I don't think White's the answer to England's problems but he's a good player and you want him fighting for a place.

Couldn't pick a spot, never mind a football team, and thought tactics were small mints. His next appointment won't be welcomed by fans of the club involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.