Gareth Taylor

Could his resigning be because there is no one else available. I know nothing about the availability of women’s football coaches.
Just thinking that myself.

Maybe we have a target but Taylor will do next season whilst everything else is prepared for the newbie behind the scenes.

Just thinking that myself.

Maybe we have a target but Taylor will do next season whilst everything else is prepared for the newbie behind the scenes.

It couldn’t take longer than a few minutes to identify and secure someone more qualified or able than Taylor…. Christ, look at the football experts on this forum for a start….

I see Taylor is telling the Official site he’s excited to get more out of the squad! Perhaps he should have thought about that at the start of the season - not with one game to go. He’s got a squad of players who have underperformed and he comes out with this claptrap. Move him on.

I see Taylor is telling the Official site he’s excited to get more out of the squad! Perhaps he should have thought about that at the start of the season - not with one game to go. He’s got a squad of players who have underperformed and he comes out with this claptrap. Move him on.

Well with no Europe next season he will have more time to improve the squad as in coaching tactics! We will see next season if he is really any good

Well with no Europe next season he will have more time to improve the squad as in coaching tactics! We will see next season if he is really any good

Was personally hoping that he wouldn't be trusted to have any further impact upon the players .

Mention of a contract extension for him is depressing imo.

Been a weird season with all the injuries players leaving! Next year he has to deliver
I get what you are saying, but my concern is that following the player departures last season linked with " suggestions that it was due ( at least in part ) to his team management approach", our current quality players also become disillusioned with him and look to leave.

Guess we will have to see what the new season brings, and whether the club is seriously interested in having a successful womens team capable of competing in the WSL.

Been a weird season with all the injuries players leaving! Next year he has to deliver
Allowing all of our first choice midfield to leave at the same time was criminal planning (or lack thereof) and the late departure of Walsh was definitely a downer for the start of the season. The underwhelming signing (at the time) of Yui Hasegawa has certainly been a big plus though and exceeded all my expectations. Probably gets my nod for player of the season.

We need to add a couple of players in the summer if we're going to compete next season. Need (at least) a backup for Bunny Shaw as there is no natural replacement fot her. Castellanos has been the antithesis of Hasegawa in that I had high hopes for her when she signed but it just hasn't worked out at all. She is a natural number 10 but that's a position that we jujst don't utulise properly by playing the 4-3-3 formation that is ingrained across all our teams. I've not seen enough of Fowler to make up my mind to see if she will have an impact at CIty or not.

I would probably be looking to see if we can add a proper defensive midfielder so that Hasegawa can be moved further forward into her more natural position and play alongside either Coombs or Angeldahl. Think those latter two are just too similar in playing style to work convincingly together and just not creative enough.

It's a big summer ahead and I hope our new DoF is up to the task.

The message on here has been of a real shakeup in the woman's team and big changes…. But, Taylor is briefing the opposite - minor changes, him still at the helm Etc…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.