Gareth Taylor

Surprised by this:

I'm not totally surprised. Think the new Women's team director of football probably wants to get a better feel of things before making changes (hence only a 1 year extension). Also there's been some talk from the players this season saying how together they are. Could also be that there just aren't any viable alternatives (yeah, I know) that are avaialble this year.

So is he out of contract this summer, or is this one more year on top of whatever he's got left at the moment?

If it's one more year only at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.
His contract ends this season. Most of us (myself included) are/were hoping it wouldn't be extended.

So much for "holistic one club" approach.

Seems the ladies are being sidelined to keep a mate in a job.

If the club think that highly of him move him into another role and go tits out to find the best coach possible and backroom staff to make the women's team as formidable as the men's.

So much for "holistic one club" approach.

Seems the ladies are being sidelined to keep a mate in a job.

If the club think that highly of him move him into another role and go tits out to find the best coach possible and backroom staff to make the women's team as formidable as the men's.
You are Sid the Sexist

I'm not totally surprised. Think the new Women's team director of football probably wants to get a better feel of things before making changes (hence only a 1 year extension). Also there's been some talk from the players this season saying how together they are. Could also be that there just aren't any viable alternatives (yeah, I know) that are avaialble this year.

His contract ends this season. Most of us (myself included) are/were hoping it wouldn't be extended.

With the men's teams being so successful at all levels this season, this is the most disappointing news, and one I definitely did not want to hear.

For such a progressive club, keeping Taylor in post is most disappointing and suggests that the club aren't that bothered about the women's team or their standing in the WSL.

Looking like Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags are going to be the teams seriously chasing the trophys.

With the men's teams being so successful at all levels this season, this is the most disappointing news, and one I definitely did not want to hear.

For such a progressive club, keeping Taylor in post is most disappointing and suggests that the club aren't that bothered about the women's team or their standing in the WSL.

Looking like Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags are going to be the teams seriously chasing the trophys.
Agree, more looking over our shoulder at 5th place than challenging the top 3 under him

Could his resigning be because there is no one else available. I know nothing about the availability of women’s football coaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.