Gareth Thomas reveals that he is HIV positive

My understanding is that modern treatments will ensure he doesn’t lose any time off his life?

And so his greatest obstacle is perception and bigotry.

I wish him all the best. The tabloids are filth.

That is right the treatments have come on leaps and bounds in the last 15-20 years it’s no longer the death sentence it was! If people are sensible and take their medication and get regular checks they can live to/beyond their normal life expectancies!!

Just watched an interview on breakfast and it makes me so fucking angry that the fucking journalist told his parents he had aids the low life fucker, I really think he should be named and shamed for the scumbag piece of shit he is.

There needs to be more awareness within the gay community about safe sex and HIV. In fact, sod that statement, never mind more awareness, there needs to be a huge movement to drive this problem home!

If you include all male-male unprotected sexual intercourse categories, 86% of people with HIV are gay men.

And a large number of people do still die of HIV related complications!

This isn’t any “oh well he’s got HIV, never mind, he’s brave for coming out as gay and brave for facing HIV” nonsense. Unprotected sex in the gay community and the health risks involved is irresponsible and dangerous!

Transmission-pie-chart-medium.png

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/gender/men/index.html

There are also stories of men knowing they have HIV and still having unprotected sex without telling their sexual partner they have it.

For straight men too: we all need to know that unprotected anal sex with our wives/girlfriends/fuckbuddies/one-night stands increases the chances of contracting HIV. This is something we all need to know!
Still having sex without a condom knowing you are HIV ? Is that not a criminal offence? I am sure I have seen people go to jail for that.

Just watched an interview on breakfast and it makes me so fucking angry that the fucking journalist told his parents he had aids the low life fucker, I really think he should be named and shamed for the scumbag piece of shit he is.

He hasn't got aids as far as I am aware, he is HIV positive. They are two related but different things and the lack of understanding about it is probably part of the reason he wanted to keep it private.

Either way he should name the journalist who outed him to his parents.

Last edited:
I've just seen his interview on Radio 5Live and he looks and sounds like a broken man. The press are just vile. I hope the working class man who keep these filthy rats in business sticks two fingers up at these tabloid twats after these last few days.

I've just seen his interview on Radio 5Live and he looks and sounds like a broken man. The press are just vile. I hope the working class man who keep these filthy rats in business sticks two fingers up at these tabloid twats after these last few days.
The Joe Root story was even worse. Scum.

He hasn't got aids as far as I am aware, he is HIV positive. They are two related but different things and the lack of understanding about it is probably part of the reason he wanted to keep it private.

Either way he should name the journalist who outed him to his parents.
I know but apparently that's what the journalist told his parents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.