Garrido / Left Back

Left Peg

Not seen this posted, so sorry if it has been. I saw this morning that a Spanish Club (was it Zaragoza?) are interested in taking Garrido back to Spain.

Do we need another left back, or would Barry and Lescott (if!) be enough cover for Bridge?

i think they will let him go if we get Lescott, as then we would have Bridge with either Lescott/Barry as cover whilst still developing Ryan McGivern, so plenty of cover there on a short term basis. The problem would be if it was a long term injury to Bridge.

keemcfc said:
i hope he stays, he's as good as bridge and a very underrated player.
im not gonna slate your opinion but imo he's not good enough, very slow off the markand not good on 1 on 1s! i know people dont like hughes signing his ex players all the time but i'd go 4 warnock, very under rated full back, would probably cost around 3 million, and would put up a hell of a fight with bridge for left back! i've heard alot of people say if he hadn't suffered 2 broken legs at liverpool he'd have gone on to be a liverpool regular and force the issue with the england scene!

Snatch their hand off, he is slooooowwwww, I was wondering if I'm the only one that thinks that Lescott would actually replace Bridge (especiially if we get Terry and / or Toure), I know Bridge gives it his best, but he is not a great defender, at the end of the day even if we sign all 3 players and start with Bridge at LB, we will still have healthy competition between our defenders.

I personally think Garrido is far from being good enough to challenge bridge. I would go with Lomas with this 1 and try and get Warnock as cover. I'd like to see Nils Zander (the lad we bought from Hamburg) whilst in SA to see where he is upto. Mee has played pretty well over there but would probably get torn to pieces in the premier league

Bridge will be better this season I think (and hope).

I doubt Lescott would come unless he knows he's going to be playing CB..... everyone knows he prefers to play there and doesn't like playing at LB, but hopefully he wouldn't mind providing cover once in a while!

At the start of last season I thought Garrido was really showing signs of improvement (Liverpool game in particular he played very well, not just talking about the free kick either) but he never really built on it sadly. I think a move back to Spain would suit all parties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.