Garrido / Left Back

Cobwebcat said:
I've been saying this for 2 weeks now but not many others can see it. Lescott at LB.

I can see why you are saying that however he is not a natural left back and does not like playing there.

As I said, he may fill in there if needed but he will not be a first choice left back for us.

Cobwebcat said:
EddH said:
Snatch their hand off, he is slooooowwwww, I was wondering if I'm the only one that thinks that Lescott would actually replace Bridge (especiially if we get Terry and / or Toure), I know Bridge gives it his best, but he is not a great defender, at the end of the day even if we sign all 3 players and start with Bridge at LB, we will still have healthy competition between our defenders.

I've been saying this for 2 weeks now but not many others can see it. Lescott at LB.

Garrido isn't a defender he is a midfielder played at LB and he is hopeless there...very slow and dives in hence penalties he gives away. Not his fault but he has to go.

No way. Lescott will not come to City if we tell him he's playing left back. The lad hates playing there, and sees himself as a centre back. Maybe he would be willing to do a job there if Bridge were to be suspended or injured, but not as a long term thing. In any case, he's too good a centre back to waste playing out there.

Scored a screamer against liverpool, i always wondered why Sven started ball instead, good lucck to him.

Didsbury Dave said:
Cobwebcat said:

I can see why you are saying that however he is not a natural left back and does not like playing there.

As I said, he may fill in there if needed but he will not be a first choice left back for us.

If we sign Terry and Lescott:

Richards Onuoha Terry Lescott

or

Richards Terry Lescott Bridge

I prefer the former. I'd play LB for double wages. Not saying I'm right just that it's a possibility.

hgblue said:
Project said:
I'd like to see McGivern there.

Excellent performance from the youngster last night. Very promising, but no Premiership experience. Could be a bit risky if Bridge gets injured?

Sure... but no more risky than Garrido, no? It's why I think we should look at McGivern at LB in a near full strength team during these friendlies. Give him a bit of first team experience in that role. Then if he looks the part we can also think about getting him involved in Coca Cola cup games.

Let's not forget he is a full N Ireland international and trained with the first team for the best part of 12 months. It's not like he's come straight from the academy. With Lescott here you'd think he'd be the immediate cover for Bridge if he was injured but it's good to have other options there.

I'd rather see the mental Ben Thacher than Garrido, worst player ever

Had to edit, TBH is the worst player ever

Dani Alves, Maicon, Sergio Ramos, Roberto Carlos, Abidal the list goes on.

All considered some of the worlds better full backs, none in the same breath as a Maldini for defending.

Garrido linked up well with Petrov, De Jong, Benjani from the left and provided vision and creativity from a full back. He's only young isn't he? I'd be more than willing to allow him to continue to be understudy to Bridge. See if he can develop his defensive side more and get a balance between defence and attack.

GStar said:
Dani Alves, Maicon, Sergio Ramos, Roberto Carlos, Abidal the list goes on.

All considered some of the worlds better full backs, none in the same breath as a Maldini for defending.

Garrido linked up well with Petrov, De Jong, Benjani from the left and provided vision and creativity from a full back. He's only young isn't he? I'd be more than willing to allow him to continue to be understudy to Bridge. See if he can develop his defensive side more and get a balance between defence and attack.

But he's too slow. Every RW in the Prem will go past him then he brings them down.

Garrido is not good enough for the level we want to be at. Not even for backup. Its pretty onbious Hughes does not rate him.

One of the main benefits of going for Lescott is he is excellnt cover for left back. He wont be able to get on the bench next season we should move him on with our best wishes once we sign Lescott...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.