Garrido Says Farewell

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Was one of only two players that bothered to smile when I got their pictures with my lad at Bolton last home game of 08-09 seemed genuinely happy to sign autographs and pose for pics. Still young enough to improve good luck in Sira A Javier!

Who was the other? I reckon either AJ or Zabba?

I wish all footballers had an attitude like his.

All the best Javi!

Called us "Manchester" in his interview on sky sports website. Brilliant.

Thanks Javier. Gutted he couldn't stay instead of Bridge.

Garry.Cook said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Was one of only two players that bothered to smile when I got their pictures with my lad at Bolton last home game of 08-09 seemed genuinely happy to sign autographs and pose for pics. Still young enough to improve good luck in Sira A Javier!

Who was the other? I reckon either AJ or Zabba?

AJ wasn't here at end of 08-09 season.

It shouldn't be overlooked, that he was instrumential in persuading David Silva to join City, by talking up the club.
Good Luck Jav!!

I liked Javi...Ok he wasn't the greatest LB in the world but always did his best for us. I don't think he really recovered from the 6-0 clouting at Chelsea where he had a poor trip.

Couple of things I do remember fondly was the way he celebrated when we scored both goals at The Swamp a couple of years back under Sven. Also he seemed to be happy to be a bit part player even after apparently securing the LB spot when Bridge got hurt last winter.

I always thought he would end up at Athletic Bilbao being a Basque and all that. However I am sure that he will soon become a hero of the Irruducibli and their cohorts on The Curva Nord at Lazio

Good luck Javi

gutted spanish gaz has gone. he was a top player to have around. versatile and never complained about not being in the first team. and i reckon he was underrated too. not the best of players but very rarely let us down. i'll look out for how he does at lazio anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.