Garry Cook appreciation?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Would it be fair to say you have trust issues?

It would be fair to say that, when it comes to MCFC employees, I judge on actions and information in the public realm, rather than opinions on someone's personality, words and aspects of a job that the public will rarely have an insight into.

Don't know anything about a lot of aspects of his performance, couldn't care if he is a top bloke or a bit of a git and don't place much value on rhetoric.

The major issue I am interested in when it comes to MCFC is that it doesn't become like them lot and their 'fanbase'. All I'm saying is that I am yet to be convinced that Cook can justify his place as the highest profile Chief Exec in football without trading on his expertise to move us very, very close to exactly that.

But, only time will really tell.

You're out of line mate,the guy has a thorough passion for our supporters and you'd find if u met him he genuinely wants to listen to their views on the club.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

It would be fair to say that, when it comes to MCFC employees, I judge on actions and information in the public realm, rather than opinions on someone's personality, words and aspects of a job that the public will rarely have an insight into.

Don't know anything about a lot of aspects of his performance, couldn't care if he is a top bloke or a bit of a git and don't place much value on rhetoric.

The major issue I am interested in when it comes to MCFC is that it doesn't become like them lot and their 'fanbase'. All I'm saying is that I am yet to be convinced that Cook can justify his place as the highest profile Chief Exec in football without trading on his expertise to move us very, very close to exactly that.

Of course as fans we can only judge on actions and information in the public realm, as you state, but surely you have to admit, for Khaldoon who will have complete inside knowledge, to use the phrase " phenomenal job " when referring to his CEO is high praise indeed and a ringing endorsement of his stewardship of the club.

Unless, of course JMA, you believe he has also bought Khaldoon a pint!!

Garry Cook is an absolutely brilliant bloke and we are lucky to have him at the club. When I briefly met him (unfortunately he didn't buy me a pint) I found him to be extremely engaging and hugely passionate about the club and what he is trying to achieve on behalf of us 'the fans' and clearly he puts in huge hours.

Has absolutely transformed the commercial operation of the club since he has been here and we definitely have the right man at the helm.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

A fair and justified opinion as far as i can see.

Yes we have moved on and we have success, but all that glitters is not gold.

Time as you say will tell.

maineroadman said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Of course as fans we can only judge on actions and information in the public realm, as you state, but surely you have to admit, for Khaldoon who will have complete inside knowledge, to use the phrase " phenomenal job " when referring to his CEO is high praise indeed and a ringing endorsement of his stewardship of the club.

I'm confident that Khaldoon is telling the truth when he says he rates him.

However, I'm also confident that in Khaldoon's criteria for judging the effectiveness of his Chief Exec, factors like securing sponsorship, exploiting contacts, securing new contracts, sports retail experience, increasing brand exposure and increasing all possible matchday revenue streams rank a lot higher than my main, overwhelming priority for the club - i.e. that they act in a responsible manner towards the fans and the club remains accessible and retains a bit of loyalty to people who have done the same for decades.

Issues like the membership scheme, non-season ticket ticket prices, cynical doubling of parking prices, increased food and drink prices, the family stand debacle, the Superbia nonsense, the Level 2 evictions, the massively increased corporate presence at certain high profile away games, the back door introduction of a virtually compulsory cup scheme (a la Glazer), the (deliberate imo) ridiculous distribution of tickets for Monday. All this stuff makes me very cynical about believing Cook's contradictory rhetoric on the topic.

I have no reason to believe that he isn't, in general, an excellent Chief Exec on other issues. As a fan though, those issues are not my priority.

(And, yes, I see the relationship between things like revenue and on pitch affairs - my other overwhelming concern. But certain aspects of that, in combination with the argument about squeezing the fans, are hugely over blown on this board)

Anyway, goodnight

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
maineroadman said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

I'm confident that Khaldoon is telling the truth when he says he rates him.

However, I'm also confident that in Khaldoon's criteria for judging the effectiveness of his Chief Exec, factors like securing sponsorship, exploiting contacts, securing new contracts, sports retail experience, increasing brand exposure and increasing all possible matchday revenue streams rank a lot higher than my main, overwhelming priority for the club - i.e. that they act in a responsible manner towards the fans and the club remains accessible and retains a bit of loyalty to people who have done the same for decades.

Issues like the membership scheme, non-season ticket ticket prices, cynical doubling of parking prices, increased food and drink prices, the family stand debacle, the Superbia nonsense, the Level 2 evictions, the massively increased corporate presence at certain high profile away games, the back door introduction of a virtually compulsory cup scheme (a la Glazer), the (deliberate imo) ridiculous distribution of tickets for Monday. All this stuff makes me very cynical about believing Cook's contradictory rhetoric on the topic.

I have no reason to believe that he isn't, in general, an excellent Chief Exec on other issues. As a fan though, those issues are not my priority.

(And, yes, I see the relationship between things like revenue and on pitch affairs - my other overwhelming concern. But certain aspects of that, in combination with the argument about squeezing the fans, are hugely over blown on this board)

Anyway, goodnight

Goodnight John-boy!!

What did City ever do for us? Eh?

Well apart from the FA Cup, and CL qualification... Obviously!

And the chance to renew for less than £300...

Cook's doing a fine job and long may it continue.

Rascal said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

A fair and justified opinion as far as i can see.

Yes we have moved on and we have success, but all that glitters is not gold.

Time as you say will tell.

Jesus, there's no pleasing some people. Only at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.