Garry Cook appreciation?

Met him when my son was the city mascot a couple of months ago, he spent about 5 minutes talking to the mascots, was a real nice guy and appeared genuine, shook everybodies hands and wished us well for the future.
Didn't need to, could have just walked by the kids and parents but he took time our of what is an obvioulsy busy match day schedule to make us feel welcome and part of the days activities.
Have a lot of time for him and as time has passed by he has grown into his role and can now be taken seriously in my view, that, and he without doubt wants nothing but the best and success for City and us the fans............

I only initiated this thread to determine the level of support for Garry after the wonderful endorsement by Khaldoon.

I have not been surprised. There has been a terrific positive response and some fantastic contributions in support on this topic. I can even forgive JMA who is a great contributor on this site but I can't help feeling he yearns for a return to the days of Peter Swales and his board of ne'er do wells!!

Going back to the original thread - does anybody think that Garry Cook does not deserve his place on the open-top bus?!

I emailed the club and asked that it was passed on to Garry Cook. He said that he wanted to hear from fans and get a feeling from the stands as it were.

I didn't expect it to be passed on or, if it did, replied to as no doubt he gets quite a few.

Just got in a logged into my email and he's replied! Sent at 21.50 tonight (Saturday).

If that doesn't show how committed the man is to this club I'm not sure what will - answering fans emails on a Saturday night!

Add this to how he was with my girls at the Supporters Club and I'm really getting quite fond of the guy!

Blue Mooner said:
we definitely have the right man at the helm.

Proof is in the pudding mate, we've been on the rise since Cook as been here and I don't see that changing for some time. A few loyal blues here are a little distraught at the change of the game to game fans, from say what they was during our Maine Road days. That's true but its not Cook, terraces have become so much more family oriented in general. Not just us but every club worldwide.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8mB6VsUHw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8mB6VsUHw</a>

maineroadman said:
I only initiated this thread to determine the level of support for Garry after the wonderful endorsement by Khaldoon.

I have not been surprised. There has been a terrific positive response and some fantastic contributions in support on this topic. I can even forgive JMA who is a great contributor on this site but I can't help feeling he yearns for a return to the days of Peter Swales and his board of ne'er do wells!!

Going back to the original thread - does anybody think that Garry Cook does not deserve his place on the open-top bus?!

For me he is the most important part of the non-football back room staff and fully deserves to be on the open topped bus.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Don't know much about the main aspects of his job and performance and I doubt that (m)any on here do either.

I do know that, more than anyone I can recall being associated with the club he has been on a constant drive to be viewed as a "top bloke". The "met him and bought me a drink, LEGEND" stories are rife and seem to be doing a good job with many of automatically ensuring that he is viewed as briliant at his job.

The one aspect of his job that I do feel I know enough to comment on is that he is constantly, almost excessively, always banging on about how much he appreciates the loyal fans but the last two years have seen a raft of ongoing decisions that can only be construed as being designed to replace those same fans with a different and higher spending demographic.

Therefore, I wish he would just shut up, stop the glad handing and get on with it.

It is obvious that he can only justify his position by driving up revenue streams hugely (even those like ticket schemes which hardly make a dent in FFP) so I would prefer he gets on with it without the contradictory sound bites and the sustained personal PR campaign.

Not a popular view, especially with the "he bought me a drink" mob, but the only opinion I feel informed enough to form.

Couldn't care less about the foot in mouth gaffs really. Not important in the scheme of things and those who give him grief for them are barking up the wrong tree imo.

Feelings mutual. As someone just said, Cook gets slaughter with the negative decisions and Khaldoon gets praised for the positive ones.

I don't think any of us really know or comprehend the scale of the job he's done behind the scenes. If Khaldoon has given him such an endorsement then I think that says it all. Khaldoon is no fool and he isn't forced to be nice to Garry, so he obviously rates him highly, as do many who have met him.

He's been prone to his outbursts in the past but I don't think he's done anything that has made me doubt he's the right man for the position. A look at the league table will tell you we're improving as a club and that's due in no small part to Cook.

As a fan of over forty years I feel Garry has improved the club in so many ways and can think of nothing that has not changed for the better. Garry has taken a lot of unfair criticism but has smiled and moved on and not dragged the club into mud slinging. The professionalism he and his team have brought to the club has helped us achieving our best season for decades. More importantly is the fact that this has been achieved without alienating us, the fans. I certainly feel much closer to the club now than in the past. I think Garry, his P.A and team and all the unsung back room staff should be on the parade bus but guess it will be to small, but hope they will be able to take to the pitch to receive the applause they so deserve, and if I had a ticket for the stadium I would cheer as loud for Garry and his team as Roberto and his. I certainly feel much more a part of City than ever before and hope this bond gets stronger each year. I thank all involved at City for making my dreams come true and not ditching me on the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.