Garry Cook - Doing A Great Job With Transfers!

Bojinov The Bull

I think he's been brilliant since he's come, he came in for some criticism from the press around 'Kaka time' but I think he was just wound up with the dodgy man that is Silvio! He gave it his best shot for Eto'o and we came away with our heads held high in that deal and then proceeded to show that we don't care and go for Adebayor the very next day!

He's brought in Gareth Barry for an excellent price as well as RSC and Tevez and Adebayor is round the corner with JT yet to complete his move.

I truely think he has the respect of a lot of the big shots at the clubs around Europe because of what he achieved with Nike and it makes us now look like one of the big boys on the business side of things.

Anyway, heres to Cooke and the blue revolution!!

Re: Garry Cooke - Doing A Great Job With Transfers!

Bojinov The Bull said:
I think he's been brilliant since he's come, he came in for some criticism from the press around 'Kaka time' but I think he was just wound up with the dodgy man that is Silvio! He gave it his best shot for Eto'o and we came away with our heads held high in that deal and then proceeded to show that we don't care and go for Adebayor the very next day!

He's brought in Gareth Barry for an excellent price as well as RSC and Tevez and Adebayor is round the corner with JT yet to complete his move.

I truely think he has the respect of a lot of the big shots at the clubs around Europe because of what he achieved with Nike and it makes us now look like one of the big boys on the business side of things.

Anyway, heres to Cooke and the blue revolution!!

Second to that

love his human side as well. class act

totally agree, hat off cookie

if u read this which we know u do, well done and keep up the hard work. the way he hugged tevez shows me how much work he has put into the deal, and i think it was a sign of relief. well done and now for terry and adebayor

I do agree about the job Cook is doing. However I wonder if we'd all be of the same opinion if the club didn't have a pot to p*ss in!

I really hope the Terry deal comes off - it would shake football to the core.

he seems to have a great relation to the players, hence his embrace with Tevez when he walked through the door of coms, i would imagine it comes from his days of marketing jordan and i think the players appreciate what he can do for them.

A great man to have at our club, and id say even with his one season of experience in football, one of the best in the game already! we are very lucky on many counts now, our owners, mr cook and the playing staff we are getting in!

the good days are coming!!

I agree completely. It infuriates me how much bad publicity he gets, when that bald wanker Kenyon is considered an excellent Chief Exec. Cooke was involved in one of the biggest sporting makes the world has ever seen in Nike Air Jordan. That has to be respected.

Well done Cookie! This transfer strategy of strengthing ourselves whilst weakening everyone around us, is genius.

I think he has had a lot to learn during the year after catching a lot of negativity for his brash comments at the start of the season. The British do not like overt displays of confidence and the press took an instant disliking to him. But he's humbled himself and now focuses on getting the job done quietly but effectively. The brand direction, partnerships, website, Umbro deal etc shows that we have the right guy in charge of the commercial side of things too. He has my respect and I hope Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour see that he is appreciated by the fans. Credit to them for sticking by both him and Hughes though when the easy decision was perhaps to get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.